X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble lights ?

I also want to get the trouble lights back in
    I would love to have new ones
    <a href="http://www.cybernetic.com.au/Bowling/tcall01.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.cybernetic.com.au/Bowling/tcall01.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.cybernetic.com.au/Bowling/tcall01.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.cybernetic.com.au/Bowling/tcall01.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.cybernetic.com.au/Bowling/tcall01.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.cybernetic.com.au/Bowling/tcall01.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.cybernetic.com.au/Bowling/tcall01.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.cybernetic.com.au/Bowling/tcall01.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.cybernetic.com.au/Bowling/tcall01.htm" target="_blank">http://www.cybernetic.com.au/Bowling/tcall01.htm</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

but i just got the 70's so im not gona push my luck till next summer [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

so how / where do i install them to the frame of the 70 and where to get power for them ?
    they are from the 30's that we took out

anyone have any pics ?
    ever jump down to the deck and spray miracle grow on dead wood ?

Re: trouble lights ?

You may want to re-think that idea. They are nothing but a headache. Kids love to push the button, and the seniors assume the button fixes the problem. That bell will absolutly drive you nuts.

Comment

Agreed. Disonnected those a long time ago. Also unhooked the tenth frame button. Too many kids pushing it so their freinds could hit the sweeps. Now if you want to respot, you have to do it from the scoring console.
      SGT
      U.S. Army/AVN
      Retired

Comment

how well i know
        i figure the person that wrote " Hells Bells" for ACDC was a bowling mechanic [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

but the owner want them back in
        so the desk ppl dont have to play Howard Cosell

I to would love to leave them down
        a good working machine doesnt need them
        but after only 2 months of running them , they are not thier yet !

thanks in advance

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You don't want them! People push them for everything and anything including just playing with them.
          Train your desk people to pay attention to bowlers and machines. That will be more effective although I know that task is easier said than done. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

I wouldn't mind having them in under the control of the front desk...Having most of the lanes running and the crotchedy-old lady (why does just about every alley have one...is it a requirement??) at the desk who holds the mike against her mouth when she makes the call to the back. I've almost got everyone else but her at least ennunciating, repeating at least once..and calling out the lane numbers in single digits....spot the 2,5,7 on lane one-nine
            Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

We have them installed (as do most if not all AMF centres in this state).

However, we only have them turned on during certain leagues (leagues that can be trusted [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ). It's much better from their point of view than having to run to the front counter to get a trouble call announced.

If your boss wants you to have them, then fine - just make sure they have an off switch. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

As for how they mount - ours mount on the box that sits between the pinwheel covers (between, but below the control boxes) - the box that contains the ancillary power sockets.

However, modern systems usually mount on the curtain wall (which is probably better). The wiring is very easy too in the modern systems (unlike, perhaps the old AMF system that we have).

Andrew.

Comment

There's something a little bit different about our trouble lights (http://www.cybernetic.com.au/Bowling/tcall01.htm) - the buzzer will sound and the light will go on the first time the bowler pushes the button. But after that, they can keep pushing the button until they're blue in the face and it will not ring again until the tech pushes his/her button to cancel.

The tech's button works differently though - one push on, next push off, next push on .... you get the idea. You can signal to the front just like the older systems.

Oh, yeah (this is the edit) the modules are meant to be mounted on the curtain wall and powered by a single 12VDC (2-3Amp) power supply. They are completely independant of the machine.

Ray
                Ray Jordan
                Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
                Australia

Comment

Originally posted by rrev:
                  There's something a little bit different about our trouble lights (http://www.cybernetic.com.au/Bowling/tcall01.htm) - the buzzer will sound and the light will go on the first time the bowler pushes the button. But after that, they can keep pushing the button until they're blue in the face and it will not ring again until the tech pushes his/her button to cancel.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We were planning to do our original 82/70 boxes to do that... but never got around to doing them, as it was a bit time consuming and cost a couple bucks. It was one of those "rainy day projects" that never happened (but probably should have).

The idea was basically the same... until the trouble buzzer was reset in the back, the bell would not sound again. It was a simple enough idea... use a small 110V coil relay, connect it to the wires going to the light on the back of the pair, and use the NC contacts on the relay across the trouble button wiring... that way, when the button up front was pressed, the trouble system sends power to the light and the realy. The relay NC contacts open, breaking the circuit to the front until power is shut off to the trouble light (and also, therefore, the relay) with the reset toggle on the box in the back.

We had it all figured out, just never got the time to do it.
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Some time before I worked here, the lights were mounted horizantaly back into the ball lift, and the buzzers removed. Gave an awsome light for lift work. Some yahoo (name witheld due to threats of death) removed them one day. I would have liked to see those.

Comment

yea Andrew mine are the same as yours
                      where do you get the power from for the box
                      and how do you have the boxs mounted.

these 70's didnt have them installed so i saved them when we took the 30's out.

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut:
                        yea Andrew mine are the same as yours
                        where do you get the power from for the box
                        and how do you have the boxs mounted.

these 70's didnt have them installed so i saved them when we took the 30's out.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do you mean you've got the boxes and trouble call units from the 30s, or just the boxes?

Ours get power (110V) from the odd machine via the wireway.

The boxes are mounted on the two brackets that hold up the B/E control boxes.

Andrew.

Comment

Kinda hard to see them because the pic is small, but here's our backends with the trouble lights mounted:

<span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:
                            The idea was basically the same... until the trouble buzzer was reset in the back, the bell would not sound again. It was a simple enough idea... use a small 110V coil relay, connect it to the wires going to the light on the back of the pair, and use the NC contacts on the relay across the trouble button wiring... that way, when the button up front was pressed, the trouble system sends power to the light and the realy. The relay NC contacts open, breaking the circuit to the front until power is shut off to the trouble light (and also, therefore, the relay) with the reset toggle on the box in the back.

We had it all figured out, just never got the time to do it. [/QB]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Woudl there be a potential problem in that the relay will turn on faster than the bell (depending on the type of bell), and end up with such a short on-time that you have trouble hearing the bell? It would probably just 'ding' once, or not at all.

Alternatives might be an electronic solution or a low-volt DC system.

Andrew.

Comment

G, do you not use the safety guards over the Ball Return. That is the only place I still use them. To easy to caught in on top.
                              SGT
                              U.S. Army/AVN
                              Retired

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X