TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Wheel

Where the pin wheel bolts to the ring with carriage bolts the bolts have been lose resulting in elongated square holes. Besides replacing the pin wheel is there a fix for this? Maybe cut the old bolts off and use 5/16 carriage bolts or use the 1/4 20 bolts with 2 jam nuts and permanent loc-tite? What do you guys do when you run into this?
    Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Re: Pin Wheel

the holes are meant to be square
    we use 1/4 cup head bolts and cone lock nuts

Comment

We only had a couple like that... we used steel 1/4-20 round head machine screws with loc-tite and Stover nuts... we figured using round heads instead of hex heads would save a litle bit of nicking on the pins.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

I have been forced to use Aleens before. Worked good in a pinch. (pan head)

Comment

same here. I just use "Button Head" bolts

Comment

Jim and Homer the "button head sounds like the fix. The allen slot being so small hopefully won't scratch the pins.
            Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Comment

Loctite #680 is the strongest. It works for oilite bearings too. Instead of throwing the part away like lightening rods, RSC knurled pins, spotting mechanism oilites when they are turning in the casting and anywhere a press fit is required and as 'G' stated, on rd. hd. screws to hold them in place.
              Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
              I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
              Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
              Working...
              X