Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90XLi chassis

When a ball rolls by the ball detector to slowly, the machine stops, and the chassis report “Ball Detector”.

This can be corrected by pressing the button “TRBL CLEAR” my question however, is if it is possible to programme the chassis to deactivate this function, so that the machine do not stop again?

The chassis is programmed to “behind sweep”.

Hope to hear from you soon

Brian
    82/90Xl and 82/90Xli

Re: 90XLi chassis

is the ball dectect actualy mounted behind the sweep? If it is infront, and it is set for behind, this causes problems.

Comment

The ball dectector is in front of sweep, but it is the same problem, when the chassis is set to FRONT OF SWEEP
      82/90Xl and 82/90Xli

Comment

as far as I understand it, if the ball detect is behind, and it is actulay infront, the ball breaking the beam, then the sweep breaking the beam will casue a conflict.....any way to mount it behind the sweep just for haha's.....then make sure it is set for behind, and see what happens. remember, I am now almost 2 weeks into the XLI, so I am no expert....just an idea.

Comment

The ball dectector IS in front of sweep
          82/90Xl and 82/90Xli

Comment

I would try setting the chassis for in front, or move the detect behind.

Comment

The Ball detect needs to be behind the sweep so that the sweep does not interfer with the ball detect. And the setting needs to be behind the sweep. Jim is right in what he says. sometimes shadows will cause a problem that is why the detect is supposed to be behind the sweep on the kick backs.if not try to move it and see what happens.
              They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

With the XLi chassis the ball detector must be mounted in front of the sweep.
                Check to make sure both indicator lights(2 for each side} is lit solid. If one is out or is flashing it could cause your problem.
                You adjust them by bending the metal that the lights mount to. We do have the early version of ball detects. I've heard the have changed them some, but believe they function the same.
                Jim H

Comment

Jim H when we had ours put in in Illinos they were put behind the sweep why are they now putting them in front? We never had a problem like Brian described.
                  They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Brian,the ball detect is mounted behind the sweep on ours, the only time there was a problem is when the chassis was set to "in front".It wouldn't
                    score properly,but no problem like you have described.

Comment

Yep behind with us too.

Comment

your ball detector is behind of sweeper, then you need adjust signal delay setting from MCU
                        change of 0.0 to 3.1 I am sure you can fix the problem.
                        regards from mexico
                        jesus

Comment

You guys are right. Found out today that the newer XLi's can have the ball detects behind the sweeps. We don't have the option on our XLi's. We had a very early version.
                          Jim H

Comment

There is an option on all XLI chassis to change delay from auto to , i usually set it at 0.7 delay this delays the sweep dropping and accomodates slow childrens bowling balls.To get to the setting required, scroll through settings until it reaches Delay Auto and use the right hand sweep buton to increase the delay.
                            maister

Comment

On our 90XLi machines the ball detectors are behind the sweep. When the balls are rolling too slow from kids throwing them "detector" comes up on the chassis screen. As of yet we still do not know of a safe solution of stopping this problem. If you disconnect the detectors and a child managed to get down to the machine this would be a very serious situation. the ball detectors cut off the machine if some1 put their foot blocking the beams, so with this safety feature i'd rather let the machine cut out than for someone to get injured from the detectors disconnected.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X