Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table too high, or is it....

Had trouble with the bottom of the pin cup hitting the 6-pin, knocking it over. Checked the table, and it was too low. We then raised it. Still had the same problem. Checked the yoke to make sure it wan't cracked. It wasn't. Raised table more, and now its bottoming out against the bins. Any suggestions as to how we can correct this?

Re: Table too high, or is it....

Wow

Never had that happen before. Are these new machines & lanes ? Are all the pins on spot ?
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Pins on spot, but machines are from 1968.

Comment

ok

So machines have been there awhile. The problem just started to happen. You already went thru and checked the table height from the pin deck. If the height from the pin deck is where it's suppose to be. Only the 6 pin cup is hitting ?
        or is it the 4,5,and 6 ?
        The cups might be tilted down. Might want to recheck all the respot adjustments.

Comment

Will be checking tomorrow morning. A little busy at the moment. :-) Thank you.

Comment

If 4,5,6 are hitting, Check the bushing and bolt on that line of cups. If the 6 and 10 are hitting, check that the table is level and that corner isnt low.

Comment

What's the frame height off the pin deck ?
              "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
              Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

One thing I would check is to see if the yoke is level. According to the service manual you are to check this on the L.H. yoke leg, with it set to either level or 1/2 bubble to the rear. The real trick in leveling a yoke is to check the other leg, R.H. one, to see if it's the same as the L.H. one. I'll bet that this leg is forward of the L.H. one. You'll have to loosen all the shaft collars to get the thing set right if this is the problem. When the yoke pushes back that side is not moving back as far as the L.H. side is. This will cause the cup to hit the pin as the table goes up. A lot of people over look this simple setting. Good Luck

AMF DOCTOR
                The doctor makes house calls.
                AMF DOCTOR
                The doctor makes house calls.
                http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

I would go through the full spot adjustments. Start with leveling, then heitht, then adjust toe to half bubble towards rear of machine, then set spot rod. After that, put all pins on spot. This should resolve your problem (assuming your tie link bushings are good, as was already mentioned) I alwasy check all the adjustments when ever I start to play with one of them, as one leads into the other, they can effect eachother. Have to be done in the correct order as well.

Comment

Could find that the front section of the machine may need to be raised. As AMFpinboy said, measure the frame height. From pin deck to bottom of supporting leg. Should be around 19 inches give or take 1/4 of an inch each way.
                    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                      I would go through the full spot adjustments. Start with leveling, then heitht, then adjust toe to half bubble towards rear of machine, then set spot rod. After that, put all pins on spot. This should resolve your problem (assuming your tie link bushings are good, as was already mentioned) I alwasy check all the adjustments when ever I start to play with one of them, as one leads into the other, they can effect eachother. Have to be done in the correct order as well.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto that.
                      The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Don't ask me how, because I wasn't involved. The 6 and 10 pin cups were tilted forward when the table was at 0. Cups were leveled this morning. Problem solved.

Comment

Had this problem once- turned out that the yoke had gotten bent (bowed) from a bad table jam.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by poplarpetey:
                            Had this problem once- turned out that the yoke had gotten bent (bowed) from a bad table jam.

Pete
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That had to be one hell of a jam... or was it a pinchaser horkin' on the table crank in the wrong direction until they realized the whole bin was coming unglued from the machine?
                            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X