Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving sweep over

I have a sweep that is rubbing on the ends of the pins and are going down to the e clips.
    Also it is hiting on the 7 pin respot linkage. Anyone know how to move this over?

Curt

Re: moving sweep over

you can shim up the outside of the main sweep shaft under the catwalk. I usualy use pacman washers to do this. You can do it by removing the cat walk or you can do it from under the machine the first is easier than the second. Just make sure that you run the sweep to the 4 5 6 row to take the pressure of the sweep and pivot. this should work.you want to rais the outside of the 7 pin side.
    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Thanks
      that is what I did seems to work fine now,
      was going thru way too many respot studs.

curt

Comment

We have a few we did this way also. pacman washers work excellent for this, we use these as well
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

pacman washers????? what are these, sorry haven't heard of these

Comment

3/4 washer..... looks like a packman....(from the video game)

Comment

I call 'em "C" washers never thought of calling them packman.
              There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Slotted Washers

Comment

This problem can also be caused by a machine that is not properly alighned on the kickbacks.

If the machine is too far over to the 10 pin side, the table was more than likley flagged or repositioned towards the 7 pin side to get pins on spot.

This can cause the sweep to contact the table 7 cell wireway.

A quick check for sde to side positioning, draw a pencil line from front to back on the pindeck through the center of the 1 and 5 pin spots, put the table at BDC spotting without pins, hang a plumb bob from the center 5 pin butt plate in the bin and see how the bob lines up with your pencil line.

This will give you a indication of side to side alignment of the machine, if its off you can loosen the 4 machine mounting bolts / nuts and move the machine to get it centered.

The table may need to be flagged and reset as well.

If it is aligned properly the pacman washer method will more than likely do the trick.
                  Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                  804-240-4982

Comment

Good tip there John on the plumb bob. I see that coming in handy.
                    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X