Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotting solenoid

Has anyone ever used a 8-32 machine screw to attach the solenoid to the spring loaded mechanism? I mean a cheap screw with threads all the way up to the head of the screw. I'm having the domino effect where they are all wearing and causing a double shuttle or rather a half dry spot where the pins come back up in the cups pushing the bin up causing bent or broken cups. These screws are on all 24 lanes. I went to Fastenall and bought 8-32 socket hd cap screws that have a 3/4" body size shank & ground off the extra threads. I realize that a spring pin should be used but the holes are now egged out. Any comments would be appreciated. BTW I am not the one that did this and it really makes me angry to do substandard work like this. IMO
    Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Re: spotting solenoid

I would go with the larger hole and use a roll pin. I have drilled out some of the older style (sholder bolt) types. You will have to shave a bit off the center link or it will bottom out on the pin and wont lock. the part #'s are in the book, with directions of what to cut in the footnotes. Drilling out the existing stuff works fine.

Comment

only for a quick fix. But as soon as the lane shuts off it gets the right parts. It does not happen very often though. Are all the selonoids and links matched or are they mixed? if the spot sol. has .250 hole and the links are .156 that would defenitely cause sporadic problems.
      SGT
      U.S. Army/AVN
      Retired

Comment

They are all .156 which is the body size of an 8-32 screw and the grade 8 8-32 soc.hd. cap screw is 1&3/4 long, thats the only way to get a 3/4" long shank so it is not pulling on threads and by grinding off the threads so there is only enough room for an 8-32 nut to bottom out on the screw shank will get me by for the short term. To answer your question, they are all matched with the 5/32 hole but for now I will have to hurry and use the cap screw for all 24 because they are all starting to fail and when time allows, go back and do it the right way as you guys explained. Thank you for your help.
        Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...
        Working...
        X