Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Short Strike Cycle or Sweep Reverse

AMF 8270 with solid state chassis, Zot Single Board (same as AMF XOP/98-70 board) Short Run Cycle Communications cable. Accuscore Plus scoring with Mod IV masking units.

Get a strike, sweep drops to guard position, scorer shows a strike, however table comes down and feels for pins, determines no pins picked up, "X" lights up on the masking unit, machine sets down new rack of pins. What we have lost is the short strike cycle, table should not be feeling for pins.

Roll a gutter, sweep drops to guard position, scorer shows all pins, table comes down and picks up pins, all pin lights on masking unit comes on. What we have lost is the sweep reverse, table should have never engaged, sweep should have reversed home.

I have switched the curtain wall chassis, switched the solid state chassis and card, switched the Short Run Cycle Communications cable all with other machines that we working correctly. Checked my table wires for any grounds and have not found any.

It is just strange that scorer and table both determine a strike however the machine will not go into short strike cycle.

Anyone have any ideas on what else I need to check? Thanks....

Re: No Short Strike Cycle or Sweep Reverse

i got this too....happens like 2 or 3 times during a league, then disappears for a few days....looking forward to a solution
    Qualified to do anything with nothing!

Comment

Is there a jumper on the Zot board that allows the table cable in the circuit. If there is move the jumper to defeat the table cable.

Comment

did this just start, or has it always been that way? If it is NOT a new problem, then I would guess there was a wiring mistake when the SS was upgraded for the after market board. There is wiring changed in the machine end that allow for the sweep reverse.

Comment

Look at the com cable that comes into the board. what happens is that the wires goinginto the board tend to vibrate loose when the machines get hit from bowlers and just normal machine movements. All you have to do is get a small flat blad screwdriver and push the wires back in so that they make better contact. This happend to me all the time when I was in Louiville I had 72 lanes so it happend frequently.
          They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

The machine has worked correctly for several years, just started around 2 weeks ago and fails all the time now.

The short run cycle communications cable plugs into the Zot XOP card and splits into two cable runs. Three wires go to the curtain wall, have checked them to see if wires pulled loose didn't find any. The other wires go to the back control box. Inside the control box is a small relay that two of the wires plug into, it then splits out with 4 other wires that plug into various switches. I have exchanged to relay in this box with another, thought that might have been it.

I will check the wiring inside the control box related to the relay today and see if any are touching or grounding out.

Thanks...

Comment

If you took a machine that is working correctly and put the machine in strike cycle could you pull the c1 plug and test the pins that are on. Compare that to the one not working, would that help trace what the problem is?

Comment

The cable that plugs into the card is the one I'm talking about if you put a new one on the wires may not be seated in the slots all the way. I've seen it happen.
                They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

I found my problem. A connector pin on the PM(mask plug)was open and wasn't making good connection.I simply closed the gap on it and now the problem has gone.Maybe this is your problem too?
                  Qualified to do anything with nothing!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X