Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-70 ADVANCES

Getting every other Sat. night off so the missus and I can do our moonlight bowling. The owner is letting a guy come in to cover for me who helped out 7-8 years ago. The HM knows him and knows just how much to let him get involved. I was chatting with him tonight and he was amazed at how the machines were running. He said they would have 40-50 calls for the day back when he was working. Was amazed that I was wandering around cleaning up things, basically letting the machines run themselves (had maybe 3-4 calls today) He asked if it was all the electronic upgrades. I'm wondering if there have been major upgrades in the machines that would make that big a difference, or if it's just the 2 guys maintaining them now who should get the credit
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Re: 82-70 ADVANCES

Not really. Even the old style 70's will pur like kittens when they are taken care of. There are some modifications out there that help out, but care and preventative maintaince is what they need the most.

Comment

The machines are only as good as the mechanic..

Comment

Originally posted by amf8270mp:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not only as good as the mechanic, but what that mechanic does. the best mechanic in the world can sit in the snack bar drinking coffee all day long, and his machines will go to pot. They need TLC, just like any machine.

Comment

Take care of them, they take care of you.

I've seen many operations that seem to run good from the bowlers perspective, but the guys in the back are running back and forth clearing jams all the time.

The best way I've found to really see how a machine operation is running.....pull the guys out of the back with all lanes going.

Then you really know...........
          Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
          804-240-4982

Comment

We both spend alot of time during open bowling up front...helping out putting balls away, stocking the bar and even tending the bar. Or just shooting the ****e with the owner or whoever's on the desk. During league or tournaments we like to stay a little closer to the back. Still waiting to see if the owner is going to send me off to your school John. Do you know if there will be another one in Columbus this year...that's about 30-40 minutes from my mom's house, and not quite 3 hours from my house.
            Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

All the additions, mods, and upgrades in the world will not make a neglected machine run right. Most additions to the 82-70 weren't so much of "modifications" as they were "timesavers". Look at Omega-Tek boards, for instance... the machine still uses the same chassis, and it still runs/cycles the same way, for all intents and purposers it's stil an SS-chassis 82/70... but there's a lot less troubleshooting and repairing boards. Same thing with solid-state relays and motor starters. They don't really "modify" the machine... it still works the same, but with less maintenance on those particular parts required.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by amf8270mp:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not only as good as the mechanic, but what that mechanic does. the best mechanic in the world can sit in the snack bar drinking coffee all day long, and his machines will go to pot. They need TLC, just like any machine. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">True..

Comment

I'm waiting for the string machine upgrade for the 70's. It replaces the sweep, table, distributer, pin elevator, bin and shuttle. Basicaly you remove everything but the pit and kickback frame and mount the upgrade to the frame. Heh

Comment

I was thinking of eliminating everything. Each pair of lanes is taken care of with a set of robotic arms and cameras.

Comment

this is true I keep my machines spotless and lubbed and I rarely have any problems out of them
                      I work hard to keep things adjusted properly cleaned but it pays off when I have a full house of tournaments or special events thats when I rest cause I rareley have any calls If i do maybe a pileup or an out of range once in a blue moon....
                      DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Jam:
                        I'm waiting for the string machine upgrade for the 70's. It replaces the sweep, table, distributer, pin elevator, bin and shuttle. Basicaly you remove everything but the pit and kickback frame and mount the upgrade to the frame. Heh
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMF already makes this string machine of which you speak. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

<a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/400-050-005B--TB_Owners_Manual.pdf" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/400-050-005B--TB_Owners_Manual.pdf" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/400-050-005B--TB_Owners_Manual.pdf" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/400-050-005B--TB_Owners_Manual.pdf" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/400-050-005B--TB_Owners_Manual.pdf" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/400-050-005B--TB_Owners_Manual.pdf" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/400-050-005B--TB_Owners_Manual.pdf" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/400-050-005B--TB_Owners_Manual.pdf" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/400-050-005B--TB_Owners_Manual.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/400-050-005B--TB_Owners_Manual.pdf</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

Comment

Cool. How many stops per day do they have? Zero?

Comment

In the early 80's you would spend 2 or 3 hours a day just swapping chassis boards looking for the right combination.

The advances have helped immensely.

Comment

they are like ladies, treat them well and they will respond, ignore them and they can be bitches.
                              thats life.
                              maister
                              only now are centres realising the true value of a GOOD mechanic.
                              maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X