Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radaray Plus problem

Hi again people,

Here is my current situation i have just removed my old bulb type radray (81-20 i think or what ever), and have installed radaray plus , with 82-70 SS chassis, what my problem is , is that when you foul one lane it fouls both, i.e. foul 9, 9 & 10 light up and foul 10 again both light up. The power supply is not a problem , ive wired it up according to the diagrams as in 3 L/H machine out,4 L/H machine in 7 R/H/M out 8 R/H/M in, and connected to terminals 7 and 8 on the A&MC box , they score a foul all run through foul cycle but light up both lanes, how should i wire it up correctly??

All help would be appreciated
    Cheers Brett
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Re: Radaray Plus problem

Sounds like you have a signal jumping from 9 to 10. I would make sure that something isnt shorting the terminals together in the A+MC box. Its kinda tight in there, sometimes people use chair terminals, and dont notive that they are touching the other lane. Another place to look, make sure your wire didnt end up on the track where it may have been hit by a ball, thus shorting the 2 together.

Comment

oh sorry also just to clarify the use of 9-10 was example it actually happens 1-24
      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

First thing I would do is eliminate the wiring runs underlane by running a pair of thermostat wires on top of the lanes from the Radaray to the A&MC box. This will ensure that the wire runs are continuous with no unnecessary splices which would cause the 12V signal to bleed into the other lane. After that, we can go into more detail.
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Brett, over the years the AMF installers in Australia have taken a short cut in installing the foul wiring. They have used a single pair cable and rely on the house earth for the return. This is bad.

So what happens is that half of the left foul signal goes down one conductor of the cable and half the right foul signal goes down the other conductor. The other half of both sides uses the house earth - the same earth that the mains supply uses.

Anyway, what you should do is to rewire the foul signal to the A&MC box using two twin core cables, just like the original AMF wiring diagram shows. That will prevent any interaction between right and left foul and will be safer too.

Ray
          Ray Jordan
          Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
          Australia

Comment

Pin_Head; What happens when you switch your soldered connections?

Not being at work; I can't tell you the numbers but switching them usally took care of my problems..........

I have the zot alingment tool, that i use on my 82-120 foul lights and its easy to use. But before that--Focusing the foul unit light source:1-remove power from unit. 2-remove PC board from unit. 3-power up unit. 4-hook up ohmmeter on Rx1000 scale. 5-connect meter to terminals 1 & 13 of PC card terminal strip. 6-adjust light source to give approximately 2000 ohms resistance. 7-remove ohmmeter terminals 1 & 13 & install on 3 & 5 & adjust for 2000 ohms.
            If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Well ive tried two pairs with new figure 8 wire from the foul unit to the a&mc box and same thing fouls both sides

Comment

OK, moving on... This is a dumb question, so please do not be offended. When connecting the wires from the outputs on the RR+ 3&4 for odd and 7&8 for even did you short terminals 1/2 and 5/6? They need to be jumpered together.

If all that crap checks out, make sure from the A&MC box terminals 7 & 8 go to C2A-17d and 12F respectively. Check this for both pinsetters.

that's pretty much it...there's not a whole lot else going on here. Let us know what you find.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Here's a simple suggestion...your photocells may be too close together and/or touching. That would cause both to go off. It's been a while since I've worked on Radarays but when we did have that problem, 9 out of 10 times it was simply that.

Comment

Brett, after you have checked what Kat said, also check in the A&MC box to make sure neither terminals 7 or 8 are grounded. If they are, then find out why and unground the connection. This is also a follow-on from the single pair/house earth problem.

Ray
                    Ray Jordan
                    Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
                    Australia

Comment

this is a problem that occurred a few years ago. two scenarios here. one the buzzer drains the power and makes it foul on both lanes. disconnect the buzzer and the problem is solved.second some chassis kick out correct dc voltage but buzzer is ac not good together as the drop is sufficient to make the other lane foul or in extreme cases cycle.occilation is main problem as plastic balls on plastic track running past unshielded cable causes electrical noise.hope this helps you.i am abroad just now and e mailing is not easy.
                      best wishes
                      maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X