Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HONESTLY!!! how many...

How many of you truthfully turn on foul lights for leagues? All the complaining of I didnt foul and no way and such. Is it really worth it to even waste the electric anymore? In todays game, noone seems to foul... unless they slam their heads at the arrows. And even then then, scores dont change. Whats the use???
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Re: HONESTLY!!! how many...

Foul light are on before EVERY league. Even the Jr kids league's. Before every tournament. Someone say's they didnt foul. I tell them to talk to the ringing bell.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

I leave them off.

The machines run better.

Comment

I think it is great to have them on for leagues and a must for your junior program. You can tell the juniors that are not used to them at any tournament as they always looked so puzzled and it is not their fault. Since mine are new at both places I love them, when I had the olders styles I hated them as they needed adjusted everyday.
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

I truly see both points. Old school, I used to turn them on before everything too (excep open of course) but got tired of the constant bull of "no I didn't" junk and you know the rest i'm sure. I just gave up. I really don't care anymore simply with unmissable lane conditions anymore, that many of us are forced to apply, it has simply, IMHO, made it a non factor. My daughter is 11. Her high is 267.
          Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

At this moment they are on for open as for league, older ones as much as possible off?
            For open bowling the people stay of the lanes, you do need graphics in the computer system witch axplains the F.
            Now I have the foul line unit from mega-tech.
            There are only 2 photo cells on the approach and a buzzer. The electronics are sepperate in a box on the concrete floor.
            In the time that i needed to buy new ones mega tech had everything on the approach I had asked them to sepperate it, it took them 9 monthes now I see the other ones no more.

Comment

We keep ours on all the time (even for open play) unless there is a priblem with that sppecific unit. We did the same in Vermont. Reason being.....Liability. Someone steps in oil and falls down, we can honestly say we did all we could do to keep them behind the foul line, including having a warning buzzer to notify them when they have gone over.

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                We keep ours on all the time (even for open play) unless there is a priblem with that sppecific unit. We did the same in Vermont. Reason being.....Liability. Someone steps in oil and falls down, we can honestly say we did all we could do to keep them behind the foul line, including having a warning buzzer to notify them when they have gone over.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not sure sure if the judge would agree with your comment "we can honestly say we did everything we could to keep behind the foul line"..........but at least you tried................ [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Shawn

Shawn

Comment

lol ok...short of posting armed guards at ever lane...lol

Comment

Yep, the foul lights are on for every league.
                    &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
                    Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Our foul lights haven't been on as long as I know, that's the next big overhaul this year
                      Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Since we opened after the fire we have had the foul units turned on 24/7. They never go off. A foul is a foul whether it is open play or league.

You MUST educate the open bowler about fouls to possibly avoid litigation.

Tim
                        HBOwner

Comment

I think it is great to have them on for leagues and a must for your junior program. You can tell the juniors that are not used to them at any tournament as they always looked so puzzled and it is not their fault. Since mine are new at both places I love them, when I had the olders styles I hated them as they needed adjusted everyday.

Reminds me of my step-son..8y started bowling for first time, I kept telling him he was going over the foul line (posted earlier that ours didn't work) he would get so pissed when he'd get a strike and I told him it wouldn't count cause he crossed the line. Put him in a tournament a few months ago and he changed his tune.
                          BTW....he bowled his personal best of 187 last night [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Forgot to mention that he's 9 now [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Wait, you mean there's some sort of device that's supposed to be under that cover?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X