Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Re-Spottting

We're running 82-90XL's, and have a problem with Lane 2. The Pinspotter puts down a new set of pins with no problems, however it will not Pick up the Pins. The table comes down and just Crashed ontop of the pins standing on the deck.

The other Mechanic has checked the Obvious items, microswitches, Chassis etc and found no problems. While watching the machine I noticed the small Latch ontop of the Drive assy was not engaging into the Cutout on the Drive Wheel.

I just came back off holiday and it seems this started when some drunken fools bowled a 16lb ball into the sweep, which hit the table.

Can anyone help with this problem. Or give us some idea where to look next.

Regards
    Andy
    JMF Bowl

Re: No Re-Spottting

Andy,
    It sounds as though there is a bind in the linkage system below the spotting solenoid. When you manually raise and lower the solenoid plunger, you shoud see the entire system work freely. Compare to the next lane and I'll bet you find a difference in the way this system operates between the two pinspotters.

Comment

Thanks Wahsam, I'll check on Monday When I'm back at the center. I'll let you know what I find.

Andy

Comment

Oy, and make sure youre uh spotting arm lever catch thingee isnt riding too low, catching the spotting arm. If that stuff even exists on a '90. I dont know, and Im talking out of my ass as usual.
        The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

The latch needs some force to fall into the drive assembly to let the table making a short stroke. Normally the force comes from a little compression spring (partnumer 070-001-917). I think this one is missing.
          You can't see this very clearly because it is hidden under the assembly with the nylon roller on top(it is not the spring next to the nylon roller) You must look from behind the eccentic to see the gap where the spring fits.

Comment

Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
            Im talking out of my ass as usual.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's quite a trick!

Comment

Don't rule out roll pin 913 423 120, Item 31 on the current parts list (page 6&amp;7) I had this problem, the common factor is as you describe it will not lock in the cut out.

If this snaps, this will also cause the table to crash down when on respot.

The best way to tell if it is broken is to wiggle the nylon roller by hand, On a machine that is ok both the nylon roller and arm latch 070 008 321 move at the same time. If the pin is broken they won't.

If it is the pin i find it easier to take the eccentric drive to the workshop, but each to their own,

When we had one go and no spare pin, We loctited a small nail inside the roll pin ! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

sounds like a broken roll pin in the table drive eccentric,if its broken the latch will not catch in the drive and the table will crash to the deck on the re-spot,a quick fix is to tap a small nail or tack into the end of the pin,it will hold it till you have time to repair it.

Comment

Part number has it.To me it sounds like the spring is broken or missing out of the return side of the eccentric. If it is missing then the latch will not drop into the eccentric lock. The spring is located behind the latch on the eccentric. It is what puts pressure on the latch.
                  They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

After Checking the Drive Assy, I found the Spring to be Missing, after replacing it the Lane seems to be working fine. The Roll Pin Looked fine, but i'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks again guys
                    Andy

Comment

sometimes it is better to order the thicker roll pins as they tend to last better although not too many problems if you keep an eye on the latch.
                      maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X