Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far too young to go grey!!

Hi again people,

I have a new problem which is kinda p!ss!ng me off, what the problem is is a ball exit problem,

Im using kicker set-up and what seems to happen is that the ball usually heavier ones, will go in on the odd side sit under the elevator and take off as per the way its meant to, yet on the even side it just sits under the elevator and in every 20 frames or so will just stay there and not go up, but it ONLY does that for balls entering the even side, now ive checked starter pad its centered, its a new starter pad, the fillers seem in good condition and centeredits got me buggered.

Also on same pair every now and again the kicker on lane 1 wont kick the ball in it just sits just slightly in the exit spinning on the kicker both are really giving me the ****s please help me people as i am WAY TOO YOUNG FOR THIS TO MAKE ME GO GREY!!!!

Cheers Brett [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Re: Far too young to go grey!!

This has been plaguing me too. As long as everything is wiped down and clean, the next thing we do is scuff up the rooftop, starter, and kickers with a little sandpaper (just rough them a little). If the kicker gets the ball in, but wont throw it into the belt, I first check the paddle shock. Try holding the paddle away from that exit and see if the ball goes thru. If it doesn't, then try lifting up on the kicker arm where the springs attach (after it has been pulled in) If the extra tension shoves the ball into the starter then add a spring to kicker. I've even used longer springs from kicker to mouse-trap. If the kicker is pushing the ball in under the belt but the belt is not lifting it, try lowering the bumper. I've been able to eliminate almost all of my ball calls by checking those things.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Lower your ball lift a hair?
      Valkyrie: The American made motorcycle that Harley Davidson WISHES it could build.

Comment

Yes, lower the lift a HAIR- they are very touchy.

Comment

That's what I meant when I said lower the bumper. I'll usually check leagues during practice and tweak them alittle depending on what the balls do that night. Especially if I get heavy balls and light balls on the same lane for the night.
          Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Centering the filler is just a starting point, not a rule set in stone. If there is some variance in height or alignment between the two machines, you may have to move the filler a little bit left or right to compensate. Also, make sure one of the christmas tree bumpers on the top of the sideplates didn't spin down and allow the lift to lean to one side.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

GMan beat me to my suggestion, i ran into the same problem that drove me up the wall for at least two weeks. had to look real close at side plates to see problem. good luck
              just feeling my way out like a blind man at an orgy.

Comment

Sounds like the starter pad assembly itself. Take it apart in a vise because the spring has an ungodly amount of tension on it. A lot of times youll find the holes and bushings worn out (because of that tension). I usually take the easy way out by removing the metal sleve insert and drilling everything out to 3/8". Then had to find (create) a 3/8" bushing to fit where the insert was. I guess you guys down under use American bolts in your machines?? Anyway, use no less than a grade 8 or you'll have a problem again in short order.

While its apart, re-assemble it without the spring and make sure the bottom doesnt stick out farther than the top. Bend as necessary.

Put the assembly back together, center it in the machine, and you should be good to go.

Randy

Comment

Also, I have found the the red Vantage full contact "Blaster" kickers can get you around some problems machines. Or at least delay the inevitable.

Comment

what i dont get is why the stupid ball goes up perfectly every time when going in on lane 1 side but 1 in 5 times will sit there when going in 2 side.

Man i just want this to go away my manager is busting my arse on this like im not doing anything about it.
                    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Pin-Head, the machines at Farfield had probably the 2 best Kicker experts work there in Terry Maloney and Brad Hopkinson. So you can bet the machines are level and lined up properly, if they hav'nt been worked on recently than all you can do is check if everything is tight and the kickers themselves are O/K, maybe changing with spares.

Other than that, research some Archives on this site for some Mods to help with your problems. I have seen ideas where you add dizzy belt to the lower filler plate.

This reminds me of when I worked in Mackay, those things would not work, every night we had balls stuck in some lifts, it was'nt until a couple of weeks before I left did I find the cause, the Head Mechanic hated AMF so he would'nt buy anything from them, so he was using urethane strips in the bottom filler plate, only the problem was they did'nt fit properly and had a slight bulge in them which was all that was needed to stop the ball, not every ball but certain balls.

Good luck
                      Frank.
                      always doing my best.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head:
                        what i dont get is why the stupid ball goes up perfectly every time when going in on lane 1 side but 1 in 5 times will sit there when going in 2 side.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                        rd:
                        Sounds like the starter pad assembly itself.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

If the assmebly is shot, the ball wont compress it half the time, usually on the even lane since it compresses towards the right.

Its like the thing gets in a mechanical bind.

Comment

Try it. At this point, what do you have to lose?

Comment

Frank,
                            Mate you're dead right there Brad is a good man and a BLOODY good mechanic, i started at Fairfield back in 99 and was there for a year, and Brad taught me bucket loads about the 70's and to be honest its his teachings i still base most of my work on nowadays, only with a few of my ideas thrown in.

Comment

I think RD has nailed it. The start unit is the most overlooked component on the machine. Tear it apart and replace all worn parts. 9 out of 10 times this is where the problem is at…and all the Mickey Mousing in the world is only a bandaid when this part is bad. If it were an oil issue the problem would be across the house.

Triac

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X