Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ge/westinghouse motor running backwards

title says it all, changed a bearing motor still didnt want to run on its own, checked wiring under cap board needed replacement now motor runs backwards, i have even grabbed a motor to put over the stator and still the same problem, help please!
    thanks all, Jeremy
    just feeling my way out like a blind man at an orgy.

Re: ge/westinghouse motor running backwards

I assume this is a B.E. motor? Swap the red and black wries on the switch. I believe its 1 and 3.
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

That will fix it! Change the wires around!

Comment

Just in case the wires are colored incoreectly, which I have seen. You should have 4 spaid terminals on that board. 2 are incomming power (I have seen these rings, but that just makes things harder to work on) the other 2 are the ones you reverse.

Comment

J.D. I'll agree!
          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

thanks guys ill try it right now

Comment

Originally posted by bent wrench:
              I assume this is a B.E. motor? Swap the red and black wries on the switch. I believe its 1 and 3.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HUH?? i didnt think the red went to the start switch on a back end motor??? it goes to the start capacitor..

You should have 4 wires for single voltage or 6 wires for dual voltage

i think its about 4 ohms for your start windings and approx 2.8 or there abouts for your run.
              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

thanks for all your help guys, got it figured out. sorry it took so long to reply i had to do some repairs to my dizzy that turned backwards, i have never seen one that bad before, it was in fact wires backwards. thanks again for all your help.

Comment

Heres a tip i learnt J-man when putting another b/e stator on a gearbox disconnect the dizzy drive shaft before switching on power to test directional run of the motor.

Cheers Brett
                  AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Everybody does it once. Don't feel bad.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X