TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ge/westinghouse motor running backwards

title says it all, changed a bearing motor still didnt want to run on its own, checked wiring under cap board needed replacement now motor runs backwards, i have even grabbed a motor to put over the stator and still the same problem, help please!
    thanks all, Jeremy
    just feeling my way out like a blind man at an orgy.

Re: ge/westinghouse motor running backwards

I assume this is a B.E. motor? Swap the red and black wries on the switch. I believe its 1 and 3.
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

That will fix it! Change the wires around!

Comment

Just in case the wires are colored incoreectly, which I have seen. You should have 4 spaid terminals on that board. 2 are incomming power (I have seen these rings, but that just makes things harder to work on) the other 2 are the ones you reverse.

Comment

J.D. I'll agree!
          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

thanks guys ill try it right now

Comment

Originally posted by bent wrench:
              I assume this is a B.E. motor? Swap the red and black wries on the switch. I believe its 1 and 3.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HUH?? i didnt think the red went to the start switch on a back end motor??? it goes to the start capacitor..

You should have 4 wires for single voltage or 6 wires for dual voltage

i think its about 4 ohms for your start windings and approx 2.8 or there abouts for your run.
              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

thanks for all your help guys, got it figured out. sorry it took so long to reply i had to do some repairs to my dizzy that turned backwards, i have never seen one that bad before, it was in fact wires backwards. thanks again for all your help.

Comment

Heres a tip i learnt J-man when putting another b/e stator on a gearbox disconnect the dizzy drive shaft before switching on power to test directional run of the motor.

Cheers Brett
                  AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Everybody does it once. Don't feel bad.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                    I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                    Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                    Working...
                    X