Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant Cycle

This problem has gone from being a pain in the butt to just plain interesting. I looked through the archives but didn't find anything that matched. Here's the bit:

Call: Constant Cycle Lane One. Checked Start Switch Spring OK, unplugged Start Switch machine cycled 3 more times then stopped. Plugged Start Switch back in and machine ran like a champ. I asked the folks up front if the score had been affected and was told no.

After bowlers were done I started the pair up again and lane one went into constant cycle. Swapped chassis (Old Solid State with Omega board no expanders), same thing.

Next day Swapped out start switch thinking it might be faulty - no. It cycled about four times then stopped and ran fine.

Watched machine during cycle and the sweep didn't appear to be stopping at home position, so I swapped out the SA microswitch - no. It cycled about four times then stopped and ran fine.

Fired it up this am and it has gone back to constant cycle.

Went to the Rear Control Box and disconnected the cycle switch - no.

Ran a check on the Sweep Reverse Switch and found I was getting conntinuity at R135 at both terminals on the left side.

I now have the wireways open and am looking for shorts.

Your thoughts?
    Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Re: Constant Cycle

Sounds like your headed in the right direction. You've eliminated all the switch's up front,and the SA switch. Dont say if you replaced the back end start switch. I've had this same thing happen. It was the back end micro switch. Also could be a wire touching ground. If you have not done so. Change your back end start switch. That dont do it. Start checking the wires comming from it.

OOPS

Mis read your post. You didnt dis-connect the front respot switchs. Might want to try that first.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Have had a simialr probelem caused by the membrane 10th frame switches on Profile ball returns. Changed the switch and no problem .

Comment

Thanks! I swapped out the 10th frame switch but didn't think about leaving it disconnected. I'll try that in the am after the all nighter and before I run the lanes. I'll keep ya posted on this one.

Comment

The bowlers may have helped you find the problem. They said the cycle problem did not effect the score. If the bowlers switch was at fault, the score would have changed. Same thing goes for the SS Sw.or the ball detector.
          "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
          Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

If you changed out the 10th frame switch already and its a no, probably isnt it. BUT, could be from there back. any problems in the underlane lately??? Reason for someone to accidently knock wires on track? Alls well with cushion blocks? Cushion shock? Are the pins clearing the cushion clean? Bad gearbox drift? Balls idling at cushion? Bounce plate too high? Just throwing out some stuff Ive seen to try to help! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
            Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Pull the wires from the AMC box. That will eliminate everything up front. Also did you change chassis or just change the boards? By chance is the memory board still in it?

Comment

As amfpinboy alluded to, if it's cycling without scoring, then there's a good chance the scorer chassis is the thing cycling the machine. You could try disconnecting the scorer cycle inputs from the A&MC box (if that's where they are installed). What type of scoring do you have?

Although, I usually take what 'up the front' people say with a grain of salt (well the whole shaker in fact [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ), so maybe it is affecting the scoring after all (something for you to check).

Also, do you have any IR triggering? If so, disconnect it to eliminate it as a problem.

Other than that, I'll ditto Old School's comments on disconnecting all of the cycle inputs in the A&MC box to see if you can eliminate something.

Cheers,
                Andrew.

Comment

What type of chassis you have?? You have SS and a sweep coast maybe?? If the sweep coasts to 1st guard (occasionaly) that could start the cycle....

Comment

Sorry

I have the majic score mind set. I have 10th frame swith that by passes the scoring.

I like to eliminate possible causes. Starting with the most simple. Dis-connecting back end start switch. Changing chassis with know working one off another machine. Dis-connecting 10th frame at A&MC box. If using triggers dis-connect them. In most cases this should find the problem. If not, least you now know what it is NOT.

But after eliminating chassis,start switch,10th frame switch,and the triggers. Not much left it could be. You already changed SA micro switch.

Comment

I looked up your profile and you have Accuscore. Since the continuous cycle is not interfacing the scoring (I hope you verified this), you can eliminate the start switch, the bowlers 10th frame, and any electronic triggering (if you have this). So that leaves us with the PBC and the RPO circuit.

The first thing that comes to mind…Is a stuck keyboard or the cardboard insulation behind the keyboard is either missing or the pins from the back of the keyboard are poking thru the cardboard insulator. Believe it or not…The paint on the keyboard panel is conductive….go figure. I would take a look at this and make sure the keyboard is insulated. If it looks ok, swap the keyboards. If problem persists swap the relays for the RPO. If problem persists test the capacitors and diodes in the RPO Box.

Triac

Comment

If you catch the machine in a constant cycle, unplug the com. line on the curtain wall chassis.
                        See if it stops. If you cold start the CWC it may stop until you cycle it once, then it will start cycling again. Since you have checked every thing else, give this a shot. The mach. needs to be turned on from the control desk. The lack of scoring change during the cycling, indicates this type of a problem. You could just swap CWC's with the next pair. ( ? )
                        "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
                        Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Thank you all for your input. Here's what I tried early this am with one very burned out just pulled an all nighter mech and with odd success. I disconnected and bypassed the A&MC plug. Constant cycle stopped! Swapped out Lane A board with a known maybe it works board and was unable to cycle the machine from the rear control box or up front. Looks like I got a board that's going to rehab. Swapped it back out and swapped boards within the LIU and now when the machine is activated it cycles once and runs fine. In my mind it seems that the problem is connected to the scoring system. Could there be a problem in the CPU board in the LIU? At this point I'm going to have a beer or two (or three), and think about it. Again, thank you all for your input. I've printed this page off for ref material. jim8o)

Comment

i think the curtain wall chassis is the culprit.if the scoring is not affected by disconnecting the aps plug from the chassis and the fault goes away then it is there.if it continues it is in the machine.could be the cwc thinks it is a tenth frame spare ball.but the cycling circuit is through a & mc pins 1 and 2 for each lane. if it is only one lane in a pair switch the cables to the cwc and see if the fault transfers.
                            good luck.
                            maister

Comment

I don't know what happened, but it stopped! I'm thinking triac had the right idea but can't tell what with all the different things being tried. Could have been our resident ghost playing with me. Anyway it's running great!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X