Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No score on 2nd ball

Having a bit of bother with one particular chassis. What happens is that the scorer will score the first ball but not the second ball with this particular chassis on a lane.

Had several things wrong with the chassis to begin with. It would not spot pins, so we replaced out the spot relay socket. It would also cause the machine to turn on and off intermittantly. This was due to a bad c2a pin connected to the M relay. But now the chassis will not let the scorer produce a score for 2nd ball??

I have never seen the likes of this before. It's definetaly in the chassis (Lampie) as other chassis work fine on the lane. Swopped out boards inside (MK70 with Expander). Jumped plugs, Elco and A+MC but no joy.

Anybody got any ideas??
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: No score on 2nd ball

With Accuscore+ it's likely to be the second ball light not functioning (without it, the scorer won't score second ball). Given that you've found that it's a specific chassis, then it's possibly a dodgy Elco plug 2nd ball light pin.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Andrew.

Comment

Yeah, and if no mask lights are on, it's likely the klixon in the chassis.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

AS+ needs good 2nd ball signal. If ball lights don't work you will have scoring problems.
        Check adjustment of the AS+ "start" sw on the sweep arm. and make sure your sweep stops good @ 0.Especially if you have a sweep revrse
        If the As+ "start" switch is actuated without a machine cycle, it will score a miss. When the machine does cycle it sweeps pins...the miss is already recorded.
        Go Pirates

Comment

The ball lights do not have to work but have to get the signal.

Comment

make sure the pr4 is good.I had this exact same problem a month ago pr4 sends second ball signal.also make sure the sweep isnt creeping this could activate the sw switch on the sweep and that will also cause scoring problems. hope this helps. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            Russ

Comment

Check your heat sink in the chassis and make sure that there isnt some piece of hardware shorting it out to ground. read continuity across the klixon and it should be good. Check terminals 25 and 29 on the Elco plug.
              Good luck, Paul

Comment

Thanks for all the excellent advice guys!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

No lights are on in the mask.
                Will investigate further this week and will report back the problem.

Comment

Hi Alastair. second ball signal tells scorer to score often missed as 82/30 king says signal is a MUST not nesessary a light.you will also find no strike cycle is mask signal fails.usually on Mendes scoring.
                  maister.

Comment

Thanks Maister.

What I found was two bad connections onto the motherboard. re-connected the wires onto a male pin and soldered the pin to onto the holes at the edge of the board. It worked quite well. Also found a blown resistor on the motherboard at the opposite end, where they are all in a line. (The resisitor bank.)

All is well now. The second ball will light and the scorer will score on second ball.

Thanks for all the input.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X