Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB master switch shutting off

I have an chassi with an omega tech board, when I hook up the chassi the machine will start to cycle, then the cb master switch will switch to the off position. anyone with any thoughts ? thanks, David.

Re: CB master switch shutting off

Sounds like you might have a loose wire in one of your contactors for eathier the sweep or the table. Could also be one of the contacts shorting out. you need to look for somthing arching. if you can you might run this in the dark and maybe it will show you with a flash or a spark. Check for loose wires first. Also check the heat sink under the T1 trasformer I've seen one of those do that. The reason it sounds like a contactor though is because it starts to cycle before it trips. This tells me it is motor or contact related on the high voltage side.
    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

just a thought, i had the exact same thing happen to me. i removed the little silver box that is solderd on main board, it is located on the same side as elco, to my understanding this is not used anymore so i removed it after everything else failed. hope this helps.
      just feeling my way out like a blind man at an orgy.

Comment

thanks,ill give it a try. i kinda like these little never seen problems popping up, as long as its on something i don"t have to have. keeps things interesting, lol

Comment

CB trips because there is a short to ground try running each mootor and pit light and see which one causes it to trip.
          good luck.
          maister

Comment

Which CB are you referring to? The one on the control box, or the master wall-breaker (assuming you have one per machine)?

The CB on the control box can trip because of a short in the 150V supply, a faulty CP3 (if you still have one installed), or the CIS safety switch (if you have one), or associated wiring.

Note that with an OmegaTek board, you don't actually make use of the CP3 or 150V supply (but that won't stop it shorting and tripping the CB).

Also, hold down the PBZ (zero) button while you turn it on. That might stop it from cycling straight away, which may make it easier finding the fault.

Regards,
            Andrew.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X