Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner-lock Problem

I wonder if you guys can help me? I have a machine that occasionally has a inner-lock. I've changed the mp chassis w/board, have also changed capacitors checked pins in c1 cable and chassis, checked micro switches with gauge. And adjusted cams to make sure it stops okay. I get 3 or 4 inner-locks a week. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sweep is coming toward the pit table is coming down.

Re: Inner-lock Problem

Change Sweep motor, sweep plug and try again??
    So it goes.

Comment

Excessive slop in the sweep gearbox will cause intermittent interlocks caused by sweep coasting past 66.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

catch it in action. Sounds like (as stated) sweep is coasting. Also could be in the c-1 plug pins.

Comment

Sounds like the centrifical mech may be sticking in the down position on the gearbox.
          They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by lafarge:
            Sounds like the centrifical mech may be sticking in the down position on the gearbox.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But if it gets stuck in the down position, wouldn't the motor just humm on next startup and throw the Klixon?
            "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

I'll agree with a coasting problem... but don't just look at the sweep... watch your table as well.

Also (a longshot)... we had a problem like that caused by our mix of 50-cycle and 60-cycle motors and gearboxes... If a fast (50-cycle) motor was installed on the table, and a slower 60-cycle motor was installed on the sweep, the table would occasionally catch up to the sweep and cause an interlock.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Good point G.....forgot bout them fast combos....lol

Comment

Check and see if the table moter is starting on time. I had one that would kick backwards and then start, that would run the sweep then the table would come down on to of it. turned out to be a bad moter start cent switch.

Comment

Kat I had a sweep motor that would start to humm like you discribed but then it would kick in and run late on the way back thus causing and Interlock. Checked the cent mech and found it was sticky. lubed it up and cleaned it and no problems since.
                    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

What cycle is the machine on when it interlocks?

How many pins are on the deck when it interlocks?

Are you also getting "pins in grippers"/"hanging bananas" or table jam calls on this lane?

If we have an intermittent slack table, we often get these calls as well as interlocks. Table overruns and "falls down" by it's own weight. If it makes it to TA1, then it will come back up holding the deck of pins. We then get the "hanging bananas" call. What's worse if it that happens on a second ball and open bowlers cycle the machine - then it spots on the pins held in the grippers and there's a full-on table jam. If the table "falls down" but doesn't make it all the way to TA1 (which is less likely) then the open bowlers cycle it. If it's on 1st at the time, it will sit there. If it's on 2nd, it will interlock. Pretty rare though.

My bet is the sweep is overruning 66 - something in the wiring, plugs or start switch causing an intermittent brake problem.

Good luck with it,
                      Andrew.

Comment

Originally posted by lafarge:
                        Kat I had a sweep motor that would start to humm like you discribed but then it would kick in and run late on the way back thus causing and Interlock. Checked the cent mech and found it was sticky. lubed it up and cleaned it and no problems since.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep had exactly that too. Very annoying and not necessarily easy to catch (gunk in a switch is hardly a consistent/reliable thing [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ).

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:
                          I'll agree with a coasting problem... but don't just look at the sweep... watch your table as well. Also (a longshot)... we had a problem like that caused by our mix of 50-cycle and 60-cycle motors and gearboxes... If a fast (50-cycle) motor was installed on the table, and a slower 60-cycle motor was installed on the sweep, the table would occasionally catch up to the sweep and cause an interlock.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We had an interlock on 31 the other night, found out that it was notorious for doing that. Although that's the first time I saw it (been there half year or so) Is there an optimal mix for the motors...should they be 50-50, 60-60, or is it ok to mix them 50-60 as long as the table is the slower one. Noticed that they are all over the place on the other machines
                          Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

You say you guaged the cam switches, did you change them? Notorious for the occasional stick.
                            Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Pietenpol

I have both too. I run the slow motor's on the table only. Never had any troubles.

You might want to check sweep setting. If a pin is getting caught between the sweep and gutter on the forward stroke. Then I've seen where that has caused a inner-lock. I'm sure this isnt Nick's problem. But could be some of the other's.
                              Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X