Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rachet Drive Pulley Problem

Hi lads, on lane 3+4 of our 90XLi machines the rachet drive pulley will not kick in unless it is turned first manually by hand. The belt itself is not loose or stretched and it has been checked for oil on it. Any ides on how to solve the problem would be appreciated or if the is a trouble shooting page on the web would be helpful as it doesnt seem to be any of the problems in our 90XLi manual. Cheers!

Re: Rachet Drive Pulley Problem

Well the ratchet wheel is its own little belt that comes off of the outside sheave of the PBL. Is this your setup? Is the spring missing? There should be a spring from the tensioner pulley attached to the PBL that keeps downward force on that belt. Did you try swapping belts with the pair next to it? Without the belt even on, does the ratchet wheel spin freely? Does your lower yoke of your PBL spin freely? If either end is frozen, I guess you'd know it already, just some thoughts.
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

the tensioner pulley is keeping force on the belt that part is ok. I did not take the belt off and see if the wheel spins but now that u say it I can hear a slight noise that would sound like the wheel is trying to spin. I have not got a spare belt for it at the moment

Comment

Sounds like lack of lubrication. Take the belt off….It should spin freely with little effort. If not….Tear it a part clean the shaft and bushings and re-lube. While you have it apart drill a hole in the center of the top of the tube so that it can easily be oiled.

Triac

Comment

Triac one of the boys just told me that the PBL was took out today and that it was all re-lubed. They didnt however switch it on without the belt off to see if the wheel would rotate so I will try this.

Comment

When I said the pulley should spin freely without the belt, I meant by hand. You cant always believe that your guys lubed something when they said they did…I know. They might have but didn’t do it properly.

Triac

Comment

When the lift is running the pulley should also be spinning. It stops when a ball is on the lift arm and the rod accuates the ratchet assembly ?
              If that is the case it sounds like a tension problem on the belt or the key for the ratchet pulley mounting shaft is out of place or missing.

Comment

If that is the case it sounds like the key for the ratchet pulley mounting shaft is out of place or missing.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I go for M.Rees SJ's answer.
                So it goes.

Comment

sometimes it might be your lifter assembly is bindind,I have found that when the 3/8-16x9 bolt that goes through the shaft is tightened causes the lifter to bind,what I have done is grinded down the brass flange bearings so the shaft 070-011-063 stick out 1/16 futher than the flange bearing so when the 3/8 bolt is tightened the lifter assembly will be able to actuate more freely cause the 070-008-191 brkt will thightened up against the 063 shaft and not the flange bearings.Works great for light weight balls.Feliz Dia.

Comment

The lifter should sit aproximatly 1/8 to 1/4 inch above the ball door. If this is too low, the ball will not ba able to actuate the ratchet.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X