Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Gremlins

Posted early in general problems with flaky machines. Update: Lane 2 was repaired by the HM and he didn't elaborate on what was wrong or how it was repaired. I have the machines down to just lane 45 jamming about once per night everytime right at the end of leagues. Works fine the whole night and right within the last couple frames it will pile up. Clutch was rebuilt. After watching it a bit I noticed that pins would stall at the trip lever. Sometimes sit until the next pin bumped them over. I tried a looser spring on the trip lever, still no luck. Ears on trip arm and clutch were fine. I figured it out later after I got pissed and oiled everything from the trip lever back to the clutch. Took it about 6 pins to work in and I had no trouble the rest of the night. We had high school team come in before leagues so it did it's thing last frame of last game and I had another league to get it ready for.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Re: Update on Gremlins

When you rebuilt the clutch, did you replace the inner plate (with the stop) and the trip blades? Even a little wear can cause tripping problems because of to much friction.

If the fingers actuate smoothly by hand, then you might need a new belt. This time of the year (friggin cold) is one of the best times to determine the condition of its gripping powers. Hold the pin at the base of the fingers…It should grip and trip.

Triac

Comment

Re: Update on Gremlins

I had noticed that the clutch would do it's routine fine...if I lifted the trip arm, it would advance perfectly, drop into place for next pin. My theorizing was that the machine would run fine for almost 3 league games, and then act up. I just never stayed around and ran it much at the end of the night. I figured something must be binding up 'heat-wise' After eliminating the clutch as working fine, and trying the trip lever spring loose and tight. Also playing with clutch tension. That's when I lubricated the trip lever pivot, the trip arm bushings and everything else in between. There is no scheduled PM oiling or anything at this place. Over the next week or so I'll be oiling all the other machines I guess...or should I bring it up with the HM?
      Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X