Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-70b Stepper Chassis

There is a small house that has B's with these Stepper Chassis. I'm looking for docs, wire diagrams & anything too work on these beasts.

Also if anyone knows the how to fix them when on a strike cycle it feels for pins then the table comes up and hear a load click then nothing usless you turn off the power and turn it back on then it finishes. The problem follows along with the chassis to lane to lane.

Also the wire diagram for the masking units. I hear that you can use a new chassis just need to change the masking unit plug. Don't know if this is an option concidering budgets.

Thanx PM if you wish

Re: 82-70b Stepper Chassis

Would love to see pics of the inside of one of those. Sorry, I'm no help in servicing them, I've only had some experience with the solid state and Mp chassis.

Comment

Hey the house I started at in the 70's had these and the house I work at now has them. We have not chaged or updated because these things run so strong. We have qubica scoring hooked up to them.

As far as changing the plug for the masking unit thats not a problem either. I imagine you are talking about a Zot conversion. Not a problem.

I will PM you with my contact info and I am sure we can get you fixed up.

It sounds like you have a bad SK relay, or a bad diode board to me. Have you tried only changing the stepper and the problem move with the stepper?

Comment

Originally posted by pat:
        Hey the house I started at in the 70's had these and the house I work at now has them. We have not chaged or updated because these things run so strong. We have qubica scoring hooked up to them.

As far as changing the plug for the masking unit thats not a problem either. I imagine you are talking about a Zot conversion. Not a problem.

I will PM you with my contact info and I am sure we can get you fixed up.

It sounds like you have a bad SK relay, or a bad diode board to me. Have you tried only changing the stepper and the problem move with the stepper?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So stepper run like a tank. Good to know.

Since the problem was in another house not mine I figure I would lend them one of my spare elco chassis while we figure this and another chassis with a unknown problem. ( as in I havn't gotten that far)

I also havn't done any hands on diagnoses at this time and only know what I posted. Hoping for places to look when I get a chance at it again.

For those who want pictures I'll see what I can do.

Comment

OH MY GOD!!! Is that 20 plug in relays for ONE chassis that I see in the picture? What are the 2 large white things next to the S &amp; T contactors- are those also relays? Would love to see a close up of the stepper. Do your 82/70B's have the counter balance springs on the sweep links or was that something found only on the A's? Thanks for the pics that thing is pretty cool.

Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the manual?

Comment

There is a 40 laner localy that used to have 32 of them, but they have converted all but 3 to S/S chassis with Omega Teks. The head mech. really rarely had problems with them. Mostly things like contacts or a bad diode. They were intimidating to look at, but pretty reliable.
            I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

What center? If there is some out there we are trying to stock up.

Comment

Yea most of the realys are for respot switiches. The white things are just two more realys. pm me a fax number and I will try to fax you some of the pages.

Comment

Gahanna Lanes in Gahanna,Ohio. I'm going there tonight, I'll see what they still have lying around. I know they junked a bunch them... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

I'll let you know ASAP, I'm not sure the head mechanic is there or the B mechanic. B mech. won't be able to let me know whats available.

Jon
                  I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I would be very interested in the steppers and maybe some timer and diod boards. I do not need the whole box. Less $$ to ship.

Comment

Originally posted by TABLEJAM:
                      OH MY GOD!!! Is that 20 plug in relays for ONE chassis that I see in the picture? What are the 2 large white things next to the S &amp; T contactors- are those also relays? Would love to see a close up of the stepper. Do your 82/70B's have the counter balance springs on the sweep links or was that something found only on the A's? Thanks for the pics that thing is pretty cool.

Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the manual?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Beast of a thing isn't it? You now know why the chassis space is so big on 70's. The Stepper relay plugs in like a huge C1 plug with like 50 pins or so. The place where I've seen one and was ask to help is a private members only club and the big boss isn't big on the bowling center they have. So I havn't gotten back together with the mechanic of the facilities to see about getting it working. Tho still look to any manuals that may aid in this. I don't think anyone has a copy of the manual on the internet to download at this time. As for counter balance springs I didn't notice them. The B's basicly look like C's. Just mainly the chassis and two solenoids on the front for spotting but some C's had that too if I remember right.

Comment

Yes, where I am at currently they are all C's (maybe B's that were converted, not sure) that originally had the double solenoid setup. Most were converted to single solenoids so we still have a few, very few problems. The only thing really that ever happens is the pin/screw/ or nail that goes thru the respot soleniod link and hook and bushing ass'y breaks off which results in tilting cups during respots-but that's no big deal really.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...
                        Working...
                        X