Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep overunning

please help someone, ive got a problem im which the sweep over runs first gaurd and hits the #1 pin and keeps knocking it over i have tried ajusting the cams no go ive tried stuffinf round with the micro switches no go and ive tried moveing cams around because i thought it might be the arm is to heavy and making it overrun with the weight of it i dont know wat else to do and i need all my lanes in 2 days please help someone

Re: Sweep overunning

Swap chassis and/or gearbox if you have already fiddled with cams and microswitches. Good luck Batman, I love your outfit.
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

well if the sweep overruns first guard, you need to adjust your SB cam to get the sweep to stop sooner. The sweep should be parallel to the pindeck at 66 and 270. If the sweep is stopping good at 1st guard, your TA2 switch could be out of adjustment. TA2 tells the sweep to run through. If its telling the sweep to run through to early, that will cause the sweep to hit the #1 pin in the respot cell. Id take your go/no go guage and adjust all 6 of your switches back to spec. Then adjust your cams. If your sweep is still coasting you need to check into that. You could have a bad cap for the sweep motor, bad pins in the C1 plug, a loose gearbox, a bad stator head, or bad lower contacts in your chassi.

Good luck
      Wang

Comment

I would start with a chassis swap. If the problem stays in the machine, its probably in the motor switches. Next would be the caps. If it follows the chassis, most likely lower contacts. What type motors do you use?? Gear box is a posibility, but not the 1st thing to check....eliminate the easy 1st.

Comment

How much is the sweep over running. One other thing, is your respot cell good. If pin is sitting too low, and only just hanging the sweep may catch it.

Comment

I am sorry, I misread the post. I was thinking a coasting/interlock problem. It sounds like you need to do the cam switch adjustments to achieve the proper gap, then adjust your cams by rotating them forward or back to get all your stop points in the proper positions, kinda like Wang already said....lol

Comment

Batman, does the sweep stop at about the right place (66 deg) and then kind of cruise through and hit the 1 pin, or does the sweep run right through 66 and stop near the headpin?

These two scenarios are indicative of two different problems.

Scenario 1 could be caused by loose gearbox, bad contactor, sick capacitors or maybe even burned pins in the C1.

Scenario 2 is almost certainly sweep cam adjustment. If this is the case, pull out your pinspotter manual and follow the steps to do a proper cam adjustment.

Ray
              Ray Jordan
              Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
              Australia

Comment

The quick fix is to screw the TA2 in half a turn to tell the sweep to run later.
                maister

Comment

Originally posted by rrev:
                  These two scenarios are indicative of two different problems.

Scenario 1 could be caused by loose gearbox, bad contactor, sick capacitors or maybe even burned pins in the C1.

Scenario 2 is almost certainly sweep cam adjustment. If this is the case, pull out your pinspotter manual and follow the steps to do a proper cam adjustment.

Ray [/qb]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeppers. &amp; If you have Nat'l motors, motor may need new 020 brushes

Comment

The cams do not need adjusted.

The cam needs turned on the table drive shaft so the table cams engage the sweep run later.

Move the cam on the shaft so the nylon roller on the table drive only has a pinky finger of clearance between the eccentric latch on the spotting solonoid assembly.

Comment

Should alwyas make sure the gaps are correct while you are there. Only takes about 10 mins to do it all.

Jer, I adjust for the same clearance.

Comment

sorry double post

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 king:

The cam needs turned on the table drive shaft so the table cams engage the sweep run later.

Move the cam on the shaft so the nylon roller on the table drive only has a pinky finger of clearance between the eccentric latch on the spotting solonoid assembly.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How would you adjust for both table 355 stop (TA1) and sweep run through trigger (TA2) by just moving the one (common) cam block? Do you have independant table cams (we don't)?

The cam adjustment is only a coarse-grained adjustment. You still have to fine tune with the lever adjustment.

But anyway it sounds like the original problem is that the sweep is not stopping at 66, and hence has an unnatural head-start for run-through.

Andrew.

Comment

This subject has been posted many times. Do a search in AMF pinspotters and you will find the answer, whether it be a bad potential relay (if you use them or electronic). Use a flashlight and view the rotor. If it does not stop on a dime, it is most likely electrical and use the process of elimination, not ruling out the SA,SB &amp; TA2. 'G' has explained this many times how the micro switches become "bridged" and noisy because it is signal voltage and can't burn themselves clean. The Gman always gives accurate information and I have learned alot from him.
                            Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 82/30 king:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How would you adjust for both table 355 stop (TA1) and sweep run through trigger (TA2) by just moving the one (common) cam block? Do you have independant table cams (we don't)?

The cam adjustment is only a coarse-grained adjustment. You still have to fine tune with the lever adjustment.

But anyway it sounds like the original problem is that the sweep is not stopping at 66, and hence has an unnatural head-start for run-through.

Andrew.
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The cam lever gap is a set adjustment. Once it is where it should be, you then rotate the cams themselves to achieve proper stoping points. there is a cam guage that you use to set the gaps. If your gaps are in the correct position (and they should be, only the head should be playing around with cams, and they dont move) then Jerry is correct. Using the cam levers to adjust the stoping position is not the correct way to do it. I think that was the point he was trying to make.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X