Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributor problem. need some help fellas

hey friends, can someone please tell me what causes the distributor to stall between the 2 and the 4 spot. i checked the clutch assembly and put in a good healthy distributor drive shaft...yet the thing just stops for a second in between the 2 and the 4. thanks for the help.

sorry if this has been posted before, i dint have time to snoop around and see.
    Life's a Garden... DIG IT !

Re: distributor problem. need some help fellas

Check the dist. carriage to see if it is rubbing or hitting something it should not.

Also check the eccentric rollers.......they can be dirty or in need of adjustment.

Then check your clutch to see if lubricant is inside the disc and plated causing a loss of friction.

Comment

Hi. I am a new member to the site and glad to be a part of the community. This is my first reply to a problem and hope that it will help; You might want to check to see if the stop blades are dragging on the plastic on the back side of the clutch assembly. If this is the case you might want to try lengthening, (I believe), the trip rod cable.

Comment

The guide wires could also be hitting the belt runner when it telescopes, if it indexes perfectly fine from the 2-4 by hand, that is to say with no pins on it, but stalls going from the 2-4 as a pin is traveling forward on the distributor belt, it could possibly be a "sticky" belt. The distributor is trying to telescope and the weight of the pin moving in the opposite direction (carriage moving backward/belt moving forward) causes the sticky underside of the belt to contact the runner-so you end up with two things moving in opposite directions fighting each other. If your clutch, carriage/eccentrics, drive shaft & universal are all good then something is probably mechanically binding. If you telescope it by hand all the way back and forward is the movement smooth? Can you hear or feel it catch on something?

The sticky belt thing is a possibility but in my experience it is pretty rare. Strange, but I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Comment

Thats exactly the problem. it only acts up with a pin on the belt ...so what is a way to make the belt not so sticky ???
          Life's a Garden... DIG IT !

Comment

If everything checks out from the advice above, I would clean and lube the pinion bushing and set the clutch spring tension 1 turn.

I’ve never had a problem of too sticky of a belt. In fact I prefer them. The tackiest belt made by Stahls was the bomb, but they discontinued it because it would hump up in the center causing pins to ride on the side of the belt instead of the center.

Triac

Comment

Try Baby Powder. Hope this Helps.
              AMF? Ain't My Fault!

Comment

When you have just installed a new belt, specially the rough belts, the belt need some break in time.
                Sometimes, with these belts, the distributor will stall between 2 and 4 pin.
                more clutch tension and claening the belt runner, as said by tablejam, will help in these cases for me.
                After some time (6 months) I will reduce clutch tension beacause much tension will stall the distributor caused by the stop blades...
                These constant adjustments needed for the distributor make me think badly about the distributor design. All other machine parts don't need so much adjustments as these.

greetings Niels

Comment

Just get rid of yout belt runner [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
                  So it goes.

Comment

I had this as well before, worn spots in housing weldment for mine.
                    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Is the belt too long ? (stretched?). Maybe it is touching the alu casting on the front. Also check if the tracking bracket (070 006 106) is not mounted upside down. It could also touch the alu casting, reducing the tension on the belt.
                      If a machine doesn't want to be fixed, it will let you know. Over and over again!

Comment

I had this same problem recently check your rod ends on your link assembly(part #090005262) for any play. Just somthing else to check hope you figure it out.

Comment

Black rough top belts get sticky on the inner surface that touches the runners, hesitation between the 2 and 4 move is caused when the weight of the pin on the belt moving forward imparts friction on the front belt runner as the carraige tries moving rearward.

The hesitation does not usually happen when you manually index the distributor.

One telltale of a sticky belt is black goo stuck to your belt rollers.

Some fixes that work,
                          Clean the inside of the belt, use slide stick on the inside of the belt, replace the belt.

Sometimes a slightly loose clutch, dirty clutch, eccentrics too tight can also contribute.

Good luck
                          Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                          804-240-4982

Comment

Take some 120 grit sanding cloth and rough up the "Distributor Belt Drive Pulley" under the orientator pan.

I've done this to both the metal and the plastic ones as over a period of time they become slick from wear. This will bring it back to life and the belt will not hesitate.
                            Dr. James Bandy,D.D. HCLS
                            <a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank">http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

Comment

Originally posted by sparta lanes:
                              Thats exactly the problem. it only acts up with a pin on the belt ...so what is a way to make the belt not so sticky ???
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">clean the belt runner with lane cleaner, then furniture polish. If it still does it, take a look at the under side of the carrage tubes; these often get dented where the most weight has been applied. Pretty easy to replace, I did 3 of them this week.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X