Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicking My Arse!

Here's a good one fellas.82/70's,Omega Tech.,"My Problem",1st Ball Sweep drops to 66 & Nothing.Off-spot wires taken out of the equation,GPS wires taken out of the equation,Swapped chassis w/ known good one.R&R Table Sw. on Mech. box,R&R Sweep Sw. On Mech.Box.When sweep stops at 1st guard,Ican no longer run the sweep from SA Cam,But i can run it from The sweep run switch at mech. box.I Can also run the Table from TA-1.Little help here,Guy's
    AMF? Ain't My Fault!

Re: Kicking My Arse!

Forgot to add that when i put it on 2nd ball,sweep stops at 1st guard w/ no "Run-Through".
    AMF? Ain't My Fault!

Comment

Almost sounds like you may have a faulty time delay circuit and it won't kick in the table or the sweep on the second ball run through. Its been a long time since I've worked on the older chassis but I have seen somthing simalar on the MPs.
      They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

I’m assuming when you took the GPS out of the equation that you jumped it in the wireway and not at the switch…correct?

If so, try a continuity check for the SB and TA2 at the C2A plug.

Hook one end of your meter to C2A-312BB (this is the common for both switches)…Then:

Hook your other lead to C2A-311x to check the SB NC
        Hook your other lead to C2A-211AA to check the TA-2 NC

You will have to actuate the lever to get continuity. Also, make sure machine is off before doing these tests.

Triac

Comment

Trying that now,guy's. Thanx
          AMF? Ain't My Fault!

Comment

Everything checks out good.
            AMF? Ain't My Fault!

Comment

Since you swapped the chassis, I shall assume the board went with it (and thus something outside the chassis is the fault).

As Lafarge says, something may be preventing time down.

The OS input would prevent time-down, and it would also prevent use of SA all the time (SA would never run the sweep) - not sure if you've tried that (you should).

If you find that SA never runs the sweep, then I bet OS input is the culprit. You said you eliminated that - how?

A stuck PBZ button would stop prevent timedown, but would prevent you swapping cycles (unless you have mistakenly installed a normally closed push button switch in there).

GPS is likely eliminated by the fact that the same problem happens on second ball (I say likely, because I guess two different problems could combine to look like one common cause).

I'm curious what flipping TA2 does when your machine is waiting with the sweep down on 1st ball. If the timer has activated, then it should run the sweep. If the timer has not activated, then it won't run the sweep. But if the OS has failed 'active' then TA2 will flip cycles.

You can check OS input by flipping TA2 lever. If it changes ball cycles, then OS input has failed 'active'. If it does not change cycles, then hold TA2 out and flip OS lever. If it changes cycles, then OS is okay.

So if that test does indicate a dodgy OS input, then check wires at C2A-24, TS29, C1-28, TSG-2 and the beige wire on the SWS - any of these being grounded will cause the OS input to 'stay on'. You could also try replacing the SWS in case one set of contacts has failed and stuck closed (although I doubt it).

Cheers,
              Andrew.

Comment

I agree, sounds like it's in the OS circuit.

Comment

Checked OS Circuit,it's good. Took GPS wires & Bypassed them in wireway.Continuity in all Cam lever wires are good.Got to be missing the obvious here,guy's. Keep'em coming guy's,this is really starting to p#@s me off.
                  AMF? Ain't My Fault!

Comment

SWS ties into os circuit have u checked it
                    Slow down, take a second, NOWFIXIT!!!!!!

Comment

Yes sir! Replaced it. I Have some sort of a short in my mech.'s Box.Will keep yall notified.
                      AMF? Ain't My Fault!

Comment

FOUND IT! I have a 2nd ball stepper button inside my mechanic's box that was shorting out. Thanks for all your replies guys.You guy's rule the Bowling world!
                        AMF? Ain't My Fault!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X