Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heres a brain picker

I have a chassis that is upgraded to omega tech logic and expander now here is what this chassis does now mind you its not the boards i put the boards in another chassis and problem doesnt follow. now the problem iam having with this chassis sweep will go to 270 2nd guard strike light and 1st ball light will be on have to hit the 2nd ball stepper button to clear machine out
    now this chassis devolped this problem long after it was converted to omega tech boards so lets see what you guys got!!! send me your thoughts on this!!!!!
    DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Re: heres a brain picker

First, did you try the chassis on another machine to prove whether it's the chassis or the machine?

In the state you describe, the sweep is waiting for the timer to reset. The timer is waiting for the table to run through TA2. The table is waiting for the BS.

And it happens to have detected a strike. Not sure if that's important or not - it depends on what lead up to this state. Is this a real strike cycle? Please tell us all the steps you went through to get to this point.

Does 2nd ball cycle work correctly?
    Does a non-strike 1st ball cycle work correctly?
    Does TA1 run the table?

Cheers,
    Andrew.

Comment

Is the memory board still in the chassis ??
      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

sounds like bs to me....lol that sounds bad.... I would maek sure your not loosing your bin switch signal....does this happen every cycle, or just on a strike??

Comment

its not in the pinspotter its in the chassis problem follows chassis and is an intermitten problem! and yes old school memory card is still in chassis....

Comment

Comment

Could be a bad SP relay:

Or:

SP socket is bad especially term 9 &11

Or:

C1-36Y pin is burnt or bad connection

Or:

C2A-112CC pin is burnt or bad connection

Triac

Comment

new sp relay but will ck the pin sockets and the c1- block

Comment

You won’t be able to see the condition of the terminals in the SP socket without pulling them out. You would have to de-soldier them straiten them out at the bottom and push them thru.

There should be some unused ones that you could swap out in place of 9 &11 and that will get you by if they are bad. But you should put the used ones back in the ones removed to hold the relay tight. However, I would replace the whole socket as the new ones really hold the relay very tight.

Also some guys have had the memory board cause problems with OT and you might need to disconnect it as is not needed.

Triac

Comment

Need more info on this barkman. You make it sound like its a problem during a strike cycle. How does the machine act on 1st and 2nd ball cycles? Tell us like this:
                    1st ball pins are standing.
                    Sweep goes down and stops.
                    Table goes down and picks up pins.
                    Sweep goes under machine and back out. Stopping.
                    Table goes down and resets pin then goes up and stops.
                    Sweep stays down.
                    1st and strike light are lit.
                    Press stepper button and sweep raises and stops.
                    2nd ball light is lit.

It would realy help if we could observe the machine run on different cycles but we cant. You have to tell us what it does.

Comment

Also a 1st ball strike light was a classic problem on solid state boards. Its been many years since Ive seen it but it almost always ended up in the #5 board. Sorry cant remember.

Comment

If you have AMF LED mask lights like ours, then the 1st ball light never goes out. But if you have a different mask unit, with a 1st ball light that actually goes on and off, then that might be a good clue - assuming you answered the other questions first.

If the spot relay was bad, the table would still run but no spotting motion would result.

Andrew.

Comment

Yeah, depends on the mask as to whether or not the first ball light goes out or not. We have old C-90's (no LED's) and ours are always on. Could definately help in finding the problem and solution if it should go out. I remember talking to WangJ about a problem similar to this, strike lock... I believe he said a bad TA-2 switch could cause it
                          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

take out the aux board. cut out the triac and add a #12 ground wire from the mother board to the ground strip inside the chassis. This should be done on all chassis with Omega-teks. Amf used a #18 ground wire on alot of chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep:
                              Yeah, depends on the mask as to whether or not the first ball light goes out or not. We have old C-90's (no LED's) and ours are always on. Could definately help in finding the problem and solution if it should go out. I remember talking to WangJ about a problem similar to this, strike lock... I believe he said a bad TA-2 switch could cause it
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was thinking along the same lines. On the older Omegatek boards, it's TA1 that resets the timer, instead of TA2. So a grounded TA2 input would cause the sweep to run through on 1st ball instead of the table running (the table would actually move slightly). And you'd end up with sweep at 270 and strike light on (and still 1st ball). I think 2nd ball cycle would function correctly, except that it would not step back to first ball when the cycle ends.

TA2 also blocks the BS input, but that is in the machine wiring, not the chassis, and KLH has said the problem moves with the chassis (plus that wouldn't cause a phantom strike if in fact that is what's happening).

Cheers,
                              Andrew.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X