Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What on earth is this?

I don't have a photo but there's a poor drawing...

We have a part on the wall which remains nameless, we can't find it in any of our manuals, and we've looked everywhere on the machines (90 XL 1st gen)

The middle has a 5/16 hole with thread, and each sticky out bit has a smaller hole in it. It's quite a tough little part and no tech i've ever spoken to has ever seen one break.

Re: What on earth is this?

It attaches to the shuttle and is used to hold thread. It is from the original 82-60 design whose purpose was weeving carpets; before AMF decided to market it to bowling alleys for pin-setting. If you're only using your machines for tenpin bowling, then you don't require this part.

Cheers,
    Andrew.

Comment

Actually (in case you didn't realise [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ) I have no idea.

Perhaps it was used to hold things in place while the machines were in transit? Or, maybe it has nothing to do with machines at all (purchased any alien technology recently? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ).

Cheers,
      Andrew.

Comment

Duck circuit?
        So it goes.

Comment

Point it at the pinspotters from lane 1 down and itll tell you if theres gold under the machines. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Brianlah:
            Point it at the pinspotters from lane 1 down and itll tell you if theres gold under the machines. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Or maybe those Diamonds that are said to roll down the lane but are never there.
            Formerly known as Cyclone Lanes

Comment

If there's a big hole in the middle, and smaller ones on the radials, it sounds an awful lot like a piece of a tool, not a machine part. In my home shop (somewhere), I have an old wheel puller that has a setup almost exactly like that. The threaded holes in the arms bolted directly into jaws or bolts that attached to whatever you wanted to remove, and the larger center hole you put a bolt or leadscrew into it to apply downward pressure to the center shaft of the wheel (like you would with a regular 3-jaw flywheel puller).

I think the one I have was for removing steering wheels.

It's not exact, but it may be similar to this:
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

I think the G-man hit it.
                Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                804-240-4982

Comment

It definately isn't that. I'm going to take my camera to work tomorrow morning and get a picture of two up here... I'm determined to find out what it is.

Comment

There's not a group of crybaby kids wandering around the back filming themselves is there? Was the bowling alley built over an old ladies house?
                    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

its a chickens foot, why is that so hard to tell.

curt

Comment

Here we go...

Comment

DDoes look like some sort of gear/pulley puller. Are there other pieces around with a hole in the center and hooks on the ends that hook different directions? and a large bolt with a pointed end?
                          Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Yep, it’s a gear puller missing three legs and three links. It’s a combo three arm and two arm puller.

Comment

I agree

Some kind of gear,bearing or pulley puller. Missing all the arms. Not any AMF part. Dont know nothing about brunswick. Possible it could be a part for them. But I doubt it is.
                              Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X