Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutter and one counts get swept away...

...and it's not due to the start switch, because it's on a 70 w/90XL upgrade. Ball trigger, maybe? Not that it really matters to me, I won't be there until next Friday, and they'll have it fixed by Monday. I'm just curious. Side note: daytime mech was screwing around with the foul lights and trigger for a few hours this afternoon. I thought a chassis reset [SPEC 22] may cure this issue, but that wasn't the case.

Re: Gutter and one counts get swept away...

When it happens, does it score correctly?

Every time there is a gutter/pickoff, or just occasionaly?

Comment

Paul, every time (lane 23 ONLY!), and it does score correctly. I threw a game of 13 lb no-thumb to test it, during rock and bowl, hit pins everytime and shot 216. LOL Then I started throwing gutters. It even double-cycled once, so I whacked the sweep, and got some funny looks from the rock and bowlers. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] I originally thought the chassis reset would fix it, as this has been fixing our issues lately, but the next bowlers on that pair was the Friday night league, and no one threw a 0 or 1. Issue did not come back up until rock and bowl, where, as we all know, a good percentage of first balls end up in the moat.

Comment

My guess would be the triggering on the ball detector. We have had an abundance of these issues lately, from the sensitivity setting to the actual mounting base, those little ****** can be a pain. Luckly we still run cushion switches too as back up and for 'shadow' practice.
        It's been awhile but I have much more to share!!!

Comment

Sweep motor is not reversing, but running forward! YIKES!
          The reversing relay is not pulling in.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Yeah, our mech replaced the trigger yesterday afternoon. I should have mentioned that the 0 and 1 shots were not getting swept right away. The sweep went first guard then properly reversed back to zero. About 2 seconds later, it auto-cycled.

Comment

Swap the chassis with a good lane and see if the problem follows. I have little experience with the 90's, and what I have was in 1996, so I am sure they have been many times over upgraded since then.

Also, tell them for $75,000/year, airtight contract, and the dismissal of a certian HR director, I would be happy to come back....lol

Comment

Thanks, dude, but they're on their own. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

This is why I love rock and bowl...full house almost every week, so stuff like that I leave for Monday (or at least Saturday). Better one lane down than two. Also, let me add, lane 24 was working OK.

Comment

It was the trigger.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X