Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy Susans.

At the 30 hour a week part time gig, I have the pleasure of 3 pair with Lazy susan returns. (the rest have been converted to c-90's) I have 2 pair that struggle with 6 and 7 lb balls. they come up the uptrack to a point they just touch the leather strap, and then slide down. They dont even make it to the wheel. Any suggestions on how to get the lighter balls moving a hair faster. I played around with 1 yesterday, (it wouldent return anything less than 10) and got it picking up 9's and 10's (new strap) I was considering trying some Life long 'green things' to speed up the ball comming off the lift in back, but am supposed to have the last 3 c-90 units in b4 March, so I would hate to spend the $$...any suggestions would be appriciated.

Re: Lazy Susans.

if you have the ball rags on you can take them off and that will help the balls get more speed.

Russ
    Russ

Comment

good point....I will give that a try....thank you

Comment

Try a block of wood between the frame and the strap to add somepressure. Put it behind where the ball first makes contact. Also make sure you have the "retread"s on. The red wheels without them are helpless!
        Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

We have black urithane wheels...I will look for the guts from previously removed ones to see if we have better ones, but the light balls never touch the wheel, so I dont believe it to be the problem. We have the rubber curtian savers off the cusions inbetween the belt and frame.

Comment

I just put on a tire from quality (headway) that work great with the 6 pound balls. cost about $75.00.

Comment

Might help a little to put a block behind the downsweep to keep it from flexing. Plus check the underlane to make sure nothing is slowing the ball.
              If that doesn't work, for $3 cash/hour, there are migrants out of work this winter - they can sit at each lift and be the ball booster!
              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

If it's wood downsweeps, you can scuff them sideways with a gritty sandpaper to induce more roll as the ball comes down. If the ball is skidding down the downsweep, of course, it won't be able to drive up the upsweep as hard.

That is one of Carl's old tricks.

Comment

Dutch had a good trick for lazy susans. Its on the first page out in the "other bowling equipment " forum. Based on his idea, I came up with a spring loaded device the puts pressure on the check belt right in front of where the ball hits it. Very hard for the ball to roll back down once its adjusted right. In fact, if there are too many balls on the lazy susan, it will squeeze one out onto the approach.

The contraption is based on kicker paddle mousetrap.

Comment

You could also try smaller drive clutch pulleys on the lift in the back to get more speed from the balls. Definately look at the downsweeps too!
                    Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rd8230:
                      Dutch had a good trick for lazy susans. Its on the first page out in the "other bowling equipment " forum. Based on his idea, I came up with a spring loaded device the puts pressure on the check belt right in front of where the ball hits it. Very hard for the ball to roll back down once its adjusted right. In fact, if there are too many balls on the lazy susan, it will squeeze one out onto the approach.

The contraption is based on kicker paddle mousetrap.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dutches house is my 30 hour a week part time gig...lol

Thank you all for the ideas, I will put them to use tom or the next day (not sure when I will have time, minor complications with the preg wife, not sure when I will be back to the part tiem gig) and keep you posted.

Comment

Paul I had 72 Lanes worth of those darn things in Louiville. the only thing that I did to make them work for the 6 Pounders was pull back the bottem end of the lesther strap away from the Wheele giving the ball more room to get to the wheele. This is a test to tell you if this will work or not. Get you a 6 Pound ball and sit it next to a 16 pound ball and throw a level across them The 6 pounder will be aboutn 1/8 taller. that is why i move the strap away so the 6 pounders don't have to move it so far.
                        They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

DESTROY!!!! All 6lb Balls!!

Comment

Originally posted by Don49er:
                            DESTROY!!!! All 6lb Balls!!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I second that.

Comment

Not related to this type of ball return, but at my old house we had a problem with 6lb balls making it to the ball return fast enough (and as such getting stuck underground, at the base of the ball return).

The problem was only on one pair -- turned out that some of the clamps that secured the track to the floor at the end (near the downsweep) were loose or had completely fallen off. This caused the track to vibrate anytime a ball rode on it. It wasn't a problem for the heavier balls, but the vibration caused the 6-pounders to slow down just enough to cause them to not make it all the way. Secured the track back down, and they made it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X