Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF Ball Return

I have an interesting problem with one of my AMF Ball Returns. Im not sure what the model number is, C-90 (i think) or something like that....

When we switch it on in the morning, it runs backwards. We have to stop it, and then switch it back on again while at the same time manually spinning it the right way to get it goin the right way.

I have Brunswick Machines and the Ball Returns run independantly of them.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Rob
    Everyone makes mistakes, thats why God gave us the 'DELETE' key!

Re: AMF Ball Return

The motors are reversable, but shouldn't run either way. Try spinning one of the others the wrong way and turning it on.
    I assume it will pick up balls once running correctly.
    Double check the wiring for correct voltage and rotation, and if is wired right -
    Sell it!
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

It will pick up balls once its runnign the right way...

it was working fine one day, then the next day this started happening and its happened ever since...anyone got any diagrams/manuals for it...will change the motor if i can find a spare.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Ahhh haaa. Sounds familiar.

This is a problem with which I have been stuggling with. In the centre where I work we have Profile ball returns made by AMF. The motors are made by "Franklin Electric". They have a habbit of starting up in the wrong direction.
        This is due to the fact that the centrefugal switch fails prematurally. I have spoken to the main UK AMF motor repair man, and he has told me that he has told AMF time and time again about these motors being useless, but as usual AMF does nothing about it.
        If it is the franklin electric motor, it is hard to repair yourself, unless you have the correct tools, as when taking it apart, the fan causes the main problem to remove.

If you do have the Profile ball return's you can use a c-90 motor which can be bought cheaply off of Complete Leisure or Embassy Services.
        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

We had it happen when a cap went bad.

Comment

I found a few spare PCBs in the backroom today so I will try one of them tomorrow..I will try swapping a motor over aswell

Rob

Comment

This happens on our s/pik motors if the centri switch get dirty, the cap fails, or the start widing fails. Without a working start circuit, the motor starts in a random direction (or not at all sometimes).

Our c-90 motors apparently can't be taken apart easily (we haven't needed to try though, but we were warned - don't really know what that's all about).

Andrew.

Comment

Right on Alastair centrifugal switch on Franklin and capacitor on Baldor.
                maister

Comment

I installed back end SSSSes on some failing motors and they are still running strong. Once you figured it out how to connect, it is quite easy to do.

bpm

Comment

I agree with BPM, installing the SSSS helps a great deal with these problems.
                    I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

Anybody got a wiring diagram to install ssss? I have this going on. Only on one pair.

THANKS

BAMM

Comment

THANKS!!!
                        I put it on the other day and no problems.

BAMM

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X