Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something else wierd

we also have another machine that drops the "7" pin when it spots a new set..we have replaced the spotting cup hoping that was the problem but it still drops it..
    any ideas

Re: something else wierd

Look to see if the bottom of the pin might be hitting the front finger of the respot cell as it is opening after a strike. It can also hit that finger anytime if the cells are poorly adjusted. Also check the table height and level. This should be a good starting point.

Comment

Did you double check the width of the cup ?
      "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
      Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

How does it fall....Does it tip forward or back? this is 1 important clue. It could be a whole slew of possible causes. Check the pindeck for bad spot. When it does successfully spot a 7, is it on spot?? 1/4 inch forward or back could be enough to cause occasional droping.

Comment

you can also check to make sure that the rubber bumpers in the bin are not sticky and keeping the pin from dropping in the cup correctly. had a similar problem. they were holding the pin too long and as the table would go down the pin would drop too hard and not be setting properly in the cup before reaching the pin deck.
          SGT
          U.S. Army/AVN
          Retired

Comment

the pins sets up about 1/4" off spot to the front of the spot..and when it drops sometimes it drops forward

Comment

I've noticed that when the pin drops to the front the first tendency is to loosen the bottom and tighten the top. If it gets too far off spot, towards the approach, I think the cup is 'diving out' under the pin. Then the pin falls into the cup too hard and flops foreward. Loosen the top nuts 3/4- a full turn and tighten the bottom ones the same amount
              Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

yep...get that pin on spot. that may fix it.

Comment

it sounds like the pin is dropping early hence forward of spot, suspiciously like a spotting problem or a bad cup.could be the bush is worn in the connecting rod that ties the head pin thro to the back row.also ensure the cup and liners are clean and not coated with dirt or any chemical residue that would hold on to the pin.
                  good luck.
                  maister

Comment

Depending on which respot setup you have (long overhead link or short link), the 7 pin front finger has a tendency to come forward and catch the butt of the pin when it swings through. The long link setup is more apt to have this problem than the short link.

Maek yourself a cup-checking gauge... take a flat piece of steel or aluminum plate (even wood will work, as long as it's very flat), and lay it across the whole cup, top to bottom. Put you hand flat on it and 'rock' it side to side and corner-to corner... if the cup is warped, the pin can pop loose and fall over on spotting. The plate gauge makes it very easy to check the cups as part of your table PM, since you don't have to remove the cups to check for warping.
                    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

You said you already replaced the cup? What brand was the new one? I have had some brand new JCP cups that just refused to spot pins.

Comment

this might sound silly, but put some furniture polish on the cup rubbers and give them a real good buffing off, this is surprisingly effective if there is a gum build up on one.
                        Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

not a bad idea Jez....I use lane oil, but I can see how polish may last quite a bit longer.

Comment

Furniture polish many times contains silicone, which works well for the rubber pads in the spotting cups... We would wipe them down with DuPont PERFORMANCE silicone spray on a rag, especially in summer when it got warmer and humid... it seems like that's when they stick the worst.
                            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Dewey-
                              If problem remains after trying above(s)-
                              pull the two "middle" cup liners and run with only the single top liner in cup...

Let us know
                              FATTY
                              fatty

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X