Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Chassis' 82/70 Rev. C (Smack Down)

Problem: I have a MP Chassis on an 82/70 Rev. C machine that when you turn the machine on you get nothing "Black out". So I hit the Chassis with a Pin Fork, Bam! Power, so it runs Scores Etc Correctly then when the Games over, Shutdown is Normal, now when you reissue the Said lane, Same Deal You have to Whack it with a Pin Fork (or Other Object Foot, pin, Wrench whatever)
    ... So I’m looking for Ideas, Comments and Such on what you did to Fix Said Problem

I have an Answer; I’m just curious what the others have done…

Marshall - Colorado

Re: MP Chassis' 82/70 Rev. C (Smack Down)

Just to state the obvious, it's probably going to be a sticking contact in a relay, or a bad solder joint / broken wire (open circuit) somewhere in the chassis.

Checking the connectors leading to the chassis would be the first logical move.

Swapping the board (and cleaning the connector) to see if the problem moves (to isolate it to the board or the chassis itself) would be the second logical move.

Not knowing much about the MP, I would probably start looking at the cardedge connector first, then work outward across the mother board to see if there are any broken / cold solder joints that may have cracked.

If the problem moves with the board, follow the above procedure above on the card to see if there's anything loose... not highly likely, but it's worth a look anyway.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

If shutdown is normal..I'd rule out b.e. relay

When wacking the chassis with a motor crank ( I like to hit it gentley behind the two oll's
      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

If it just shows it's problem when it's trying to turn on, then I would suspect a bad M relay with a weak coil.

Whacking could cause it to click on (and it stays there because even a very weak magnetic field will hold the armature on).

??
        Andrew.

Comment

I agree with Andrew....probably the M relay.

Comment

Yep bad M relay or socket.
            They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Not the M Relay in this Case, But Nice Guess... Keep Guessing... Will Post the Answer in the Next Couple of Days...

Comment

Did you check the socket that M relay plugs into. If it is not the problem I would again check for somthing in the c1 c2 plgs as to somthing not making a good connection. When you Hit this with a pin do you see any sparks like somthing is loose or a a stuck relay. if not can you do it in the dark and see if you see anything light up when this happens.
                They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Bad connection in one of the C-1 pins.

AMF DOCTOR
                  The doctor makes house calls.
                  AMF DOCTOR
                  The doctor makes house calls.
                  http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

Could also be C2-A.

Comment

T4 transformer supplies voltage for BE relay and M1 relay in the MP chassi.

Wang

Comment

And if that T4 tranny was not outputing high engough voltage, I guess it could be not quite enough to pull the relays on without a 'kick'. Nice theory Wang.

Comment

Does the chassis also start on impact of a bowlingball ? That way the bowlers can turn on the lane themselves, quite handy ! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Alot of Good Ideas, but the Winner was AC Lines H, AA, KK were the Cause. Changed the Pins and Thats all she Wrote... No more Stress Release at least on this Machine

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X