Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic 8pin

Question:
    I have 2 Machines One Even; One Odd... 8 pin Falls through the Bin and Shuttle Assay, Laying on the 8 pin Cup (sideways, Normal and Head down) Causing table Jams and Pukes… I’ve Changed Bin Straps, Pin Guides Bumpers in the Neck Cradle Reset Shuttle to proper Settings and Heights, So far thus it comes and Goes and is not Consist, but still annoying in its self...

Any Comments on Avenues to Look at

- Marshall; Colorado

Re: Magic 8pin

sounds like the pin is coming off the dist belt too hard and bouncing back toward the dist. before the head can fall into the rest. I sometimes have that problem on the 8,5 pin. You can do a search for a mod called the bat wing mod. I don't remember who thought of it but it might help you.
    SGT
    U.S. Army/AVN
    Retired

Comment

check your shuttle rod adjustment and rod ends. make sure your shuttle is centered.Does this happen as the table begins to cycle?check the height of the shuttle in relation to the bin and your reward gap.

Comment

if your dizzy is not central in relation to the #1 pin and is off to the right slightly, the butt of the pin catches the corner of the #8 bin and falls in head down, when i came here, 5 machines did it, its about a 3 minute ajustment, get the dizzy at bin one and look straight down the track and it should line up squarley with the rails to #1 bin, if it dosent, adjust the rod end on the saftey link, bottom right of dizzy bast till it does.

just my tuppence.
        Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

...need to install the strap metal bin spacers on the 7,8,10 positions. Someone had a pic of them awhile back we have had them on for about 10 years...keeps the back row problems down.
          If you are having "bounce back" on the 8,9 postions may want to install "bat wings" on the 8,9 postions. I will try to fins a pic...
          Peanut

Comment

If by batwings , you are referring to some kind of steel plate that keeps the pinhead flush with the bin edge, than I wholeheartedly agree. They can be ordered from Stahl's, or made in the shop out of good scrap steel like we do. They work wonders. Good luck.
            The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Here are the bat wings...I will try to find the back row shims...

Bat wings
              Peanut

Comment

K, not what I was thinking of , but also good. What I was thinking of is just a plate that is the width of a bin position and has a 90 degree bend to it so it can be fastened to the top of the bin. This keeps the pin heads from sliding too far rearweard. This will reduce double shuttling in the back row greatly.
                The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Wings on the 8 and 9 keeps pins from bounce back on to trip arms....the 4,5,6 keeps pins from "fish tailing" across stringers...we are thinking of same thing.
                  Peanut

Comment

here is a pic of the spacers for the 7,8,10...

Peanut

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X