Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70XL upgrade

Posted this on QAMF forum already, but someone said it was in overhaul, I'll ask the masters here. Does anyone know the cost of 70XL upgrade?? Really like what I've seen. Heard the cost is about 5K per pair??????
    Slow down, take a second, NOWFIXIT!!!!!!

Re: 70XL upgrade

I'm thinking this is for the upgrade for the 82-90's, right? If so, that's what I heard too! I'm trying to find any 82-90 chassis - rare as hen's teeth! Odd...
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I think this 70xl upgrade is for motors & gearboxes, minus wiring in the raceway.

If you need motors; if they throw in two LhBE, two RhBE and two Combos for spares; I would consider it. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

I'm thinking the XL uprade is now an XLi upgrade.
        I'll find out from Walter.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ted; could be right about the xl being an xli upgrade now.

But there seems to be a breaking problem with the motors and or (chassis for both machines)
          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

i've also heard that you lose your motor switches (pit, sweep, table) and stuff when you get the upgrade, which would make it a real pain to respot pins, and that the distributor drive shaft is at an odd angle, causing excessive wobble in the distributor.. this is just what i've heard, mind you..

Comment

The XL upgrade is now the XLi upgrade, all motors / gearboxes / chassis and wiring are replaced with updated components.

You do loose the cam switches but you gain a handheld unit that allows you to perform all chassis functions from the front of the machine.

The sweep stopping positions are software controlled and self adjusting for wear.

You also gain the ability to run the table in forward and reverse, there is quite a bit of fuctionality to be gained. It's a little different from what you are used to but its all good.

I do not know the exact cost, you must seek out a salesperson, as I recall it was close to 5K a pair.

John
              Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
              804-240-4982

Comment

I had these motors installed. Energy saving (up to 40%), adjustable speed, no brakes, no startswitches. I am also getting new chassis soon with automatic machinediagnostic system and error display and in the future all hooked up to a PC (front desk or mechanics room) that automatically notifies the mechanic and makes a logfile of all the machinestops. I will keep the microswitches for sweep and table. If anybody is interested I can post some pics when it is all up and running.

</div></td>
                If a machine doesn't want to be fixed, it will let you know. Over and over again!

Comment

Thanks John, Got the reply today. Xl upgrades are now longer available.
                  It's XLi or nothing. Good upgrade!
                  This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Its a shame that xl upgrades are no longer available, these were excellent.The xli changes so much and i am still not convinced by them.
                    maister

Comment

maister, this is also my idea.

XL = straightforward, one button is one action
                      XLi = a lot of beeeeeeps for simple actions

bpm

Comment

Looking into XLi upgrade myself. Cost is $35K for 8 machines. Looks like some nice features with the package.

Comment

I miss my table and sweep switches. I hate resetting the effing cameras. I hate the membrane keypad on the new chassis. Overall, the upgrade works nicely with our 40 year old pinsetters.

Comment

XLI is great. No worries
                            My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...
                            Working...
                            X