Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90XL Interlocks

Does anyone know what inside the 90 XL chassis causes the sweep to coast and cause interlocks? Our warrentee will be up this summer so I'll want to fix what I can in the chassis's rather than sending them out. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bill
    There! Try to NOT work now!

Re: 90XL Interlocks

Bill,
    The stop motor circuits are not unlike the old contacts in the original 70 chassis. It's a solid state relay now though. Remember, the sweep has to run in reverse with the new scoring now - so it should coast at stop in either direction.
    For starters, swap the sweep and table relays since the table is much less an issue if it coasts.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Yes Ted, the relay in the chassis fails and has to be replaced.You try to adjust the sweep stopping position to counteract it, but it just creeps more until it is replaced.Interlocks occur and cams adjusted as a quick temporary fix.
      maister

Comment

Hey Ted, I tried swapping the table and sweep relays the first time it happened a few months ago on a diferent chassis and it didn't change a thing. Sweep still coasted and the table didn't. Is that the only thing that will cause motor coasting? Anyone else have any other ideas? Thanks, b
        There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

hi my firend, not forget check the OS swich (back the clevis )
          some times it not take adjustment and go to interlock.
          jesus from mexico

Comment

Bill,

I’m not real familiar with the 90’s…but from what I’ve read here, the breaking system on the motors requires a lot of maintenance or they fail prematurely. Try to see if the problem moves by swapping motors.

Capacitors will also cause coasting. If you notice any hesitation when the motor starts, then that is a good sign you have a cap going out. A capacitor can also be going out but might not show the hesitation at startup which makes it more difficult to determine that it is the culprit.

Triac

Comment

AMF is aware of this problem stay on them to fix
              it right and keep up with the serial numbers and
              date's of the repairs dont put it on the shelf
              when you get it back put it on an run it remember
              the warranty starts the day you receive it

Comment

we have the old 82/90 chassis,and have had to change a lot of the solid state relays recently because of this problem,works fine with new relays.

Comment

I service an 82-90 center with 2nd generation chassis. Lane 8 was giving interlocks and continued to get worse even after adjusting the SC switch. So we decided to switch chassis with lanes 5&6. After switching chassis I cycled lane 6 and was looking for a coasting sweep and much to my surprise the sweep stopped about 6 inches off the pin deck. Go to lane 5 and the same thing happens. Both machines run through the rest of the cycle and stop at 270 and o degrees OK. Move over to 7 and 8 and both machines are coasting. Took about 20 minutes of fine tuning of switches and cams to get things running properly. Anyone with a reason why 5&6 would stop short of the pindeck? Im just baffled.
                  Paul -------That blew the bad relay theory

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X