Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycles when turned on...(sometimes)

Need direction, here's the deal. 82-70s, MP chassis, Qubica scoring.
    Have had intermittent (on the high side; maybe once a week) problem with lane 7 cycling as it is turned on. For the past year it has been doing this, I thought it was in the Q scoring system because I only seen the problem occur when turning the lane on from the front desk. Yesterday, I'm sweeping the pin decks to run the lane machine: cycles when I turn it on? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    Perhaps someone could suggest an idea of which component is beginning to fail.

Thanks in advance...

Cheers, [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img]
    Steve

Re: Cycles when turned on...(sometimes)

Maybe it was the lane shutting off after people bowling? Or League bowlers? I know that our machines will turn off in the middle of a cycle and I'm sure they could shut off just barely starting a cycle. As soon as the machine is turned on, it finishes the cycle.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Qubica would issue a cycle command if, when the lane was turned on, the second ball signal was present.
      This ensured that the new bowler would have a full rack in first ball to throw at.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I think the cycle signal for the machine has gone from the camera as, something has passed it and when it turns on,as Ted says, the cycle is then completed.I suspect the reason it occurred was the fact you swept the pin deck and the lane machine has activated the cycle.it could be a touching wire in the a&mc box or the 10th.frame wiring from the ball return.I assume the cushion switches have been disconnected and are not causing a possible short.
        Perhaps you could disconnect the 10th.frame wiring from the a&mc and see if it still happens.But it would appear to me that there is a short on the cycle circuit somewhere or the cycle signal is being stored until the machine is turned on.
        good luck
        Maister

Comment

I dunno if 70's are affected by the 'reset pins' button on the bowler console.. this makes the machine cycle after it has been taken out of manual mode (on 90's)

Comment

What reset buttons do you have on your front lift? We had a similar problem with the cycle buttons on a C-90 tray... They are soft liquid button or something like that... I replaced the cycle buttons and our problem disappeard...

Just a suggestion...
            Machines are better than people... I can fix a machine...

Comment

Originally posted by Hman Korea:
              What reset buttons do you have on your front lift? We had a similar problem with the cycle buttons on a C-90 tray... They are soft liquid button or something like that... I replaced the cycle buttons and our problem disappeard...

Just a suggestion...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We had a similar problem that we pulled out our hair over for a couple weeks... occasionally, when one particular lane was powered up (from the MC switch, the maintenance switch, or from the scoring), it would immediately cycle. The scoring registered nothing was bowled. We also noticed an increase in 'respot pin' calls from the bowlers. It was so intermittent that it was just about impossible to MAKE it happen so we could see what was wrong. After much searching, cursing, gnashing of teeth, and threatening to rip out the whole lane and beat it with a sledgehammer, we found (mostly by pure accident) that there was a rubbed wire in the shur-pik... the vibration of the motor starting up was enough to 'jog' the wire and make it short out... a returning ball would also sometimes shake it enough to make it short. After applying a suitable amount of electrical tape and bad language, the problem disappeared.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

The C-90s had a membrane switch. It wouldn't handle the current of 30s and Brunswick cycle relays. Instead of going back to a micro switch, AMF started sending out isolation relay kits we had to put on everything - even 82-70s. Wiring it was a real pain - especially for a 70.
                now there are 3 relays extra in a 30 J-strip, another relay in a already cluttered Bruns box, and one with no-where to enclose on a 70.
                The relay was the one designed for 82-30s with AScore +. (RPO relay)
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Well, when I posted this thread I thought this would be to vague of a description of the problem to earn a reply. But thank you everyone for giving me some ideas to track down. Today I changed the cycle buttons, did not fix it but I'm not satisfied I can rule this out - maybe wires shorting like GMan suggested. I also changed the TVision PCB, just to see if same/same. To random of a problem to tell yet. Will disconnect the 10th frame curcuit next if that doesn't do it.
                  My email/internet has been down for a while, so I'm behind in trying everyones ideas. I will post what it turns out to be... once I nail it down. Thanks again Everybody!
                  Cheers,
                  Steve

Comment

swap chassis board, i bet it follows.
                    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

I agree with bent wrench. I have had this problem in the past, but I can not remember exactly the cause. I do remember though if you change the chasis, the problem will follow. It has nothing to do with the scoring of the camera. Change the chasis.

Comment

Well, I've swopped chassis with one beside it. I'll be watching to see if any change. As I said, not happening very often. Thanks. Cheers, Steve

Comment

If the pinspotter is not in 1st ball cycle (at least with Quib BES) it is supposed to cycle when the spotter is powered up so if there is not a full rack on the deck, there will be once the bowlers are ready to bowl. We have problems with a lot of lanes that DONT do this at power up, but it is supposed to cycle.

Comment

Well, today was the first time I have seen the problem re-occur (in what, 3 weeks now). Has to be in the chassis, moved from 7 over to 8 with the chassis swap?
                            Thanks again guys,
                            Cheers,
                            Steve [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img]

Comment

another thought. If it is getting a false instructomat signal (maybe an intermintant short) this may casue it to cycle at power up. After turning off instroctomat to regular, the spotter (if a ball has been thrown) will cycle... check your A+MC box for a possible wire cross.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X