TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Box Exchange

We had a gear box go bad on us, making a bunch of noise. Tall Paul took it apart and found we had a bad gear, cost $491.XX from AMF. Called them and asked about their exhange program, cost $328 for a rebuilt unit with a 90 day guarantee and they will credit $100 upon the return of the damaged one. $600 for a new one. This was a no-brainer.

Just thought I would pass this info along.

Tim (with thanks to Tall Paul)
    HBOwner

Re: Gear Box Exchange

What does Stahl's charge for a rebuilt box?
    "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
    Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

The gear cost over $400?? That seems a bit excesive unless it is the cage gear, but still seems high.

What type of motor??

Comment

Exchange prices are based upon the average costs of rebuilding many units.

So it may cost $400 in parts for one unit, and $40 the next. Suddenly the average cost is down to $220.
        -- Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
        I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
        Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
        Working...
        X