Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no cycle

82-70 Pinsotter mp chassis, vortec brunwick scoring, Machine cycles from chassis, but no cycle from ball detectors.

Re: no cycle

The manager has ruled out the ball detectors and board by the camera. So I need to know where to look for connections that the scoring uses to start machine cycle.

Also the detector does seem to be working since if a ball is thrown and cycle using the MP Chassis it does score, so the detectors are sensing the ball but do not trigger a machine cycle.

Any advice would be great

thanks

Comment

Now I am really confused. I hooked the SS to the chassis plug which is a cycle without score just to get it to cycle when the ball hits the cushion and it only cycles if a ball is not thrown. Something in the scoring wont let it cycle from that circuit when a ball is thrown???

Also found out the reset button on the power lift does not work.

Comment

The ball detectors and the failure of the button on the power lift rack are good clues that the problem lies somewhere in the A&MC box. This is usually where power lift resets and ball detectors are tied into the machine wiring. Make sure all wires connected to A&MC terminals 1&2 are properly terminated.
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Thanks Kat I did notice that the A&MC Box is open for some reason. I will check it.

What exactly to you mean By terminated??

Comment

Make sure that the cable from the AMC box is plugged into the machine completely. Sometimes they get moved when changing ball wiper cloths.

Comment

i dont know the scoring system, but definitely in the circuit from the ball detector to a & mc box pins 1 and 2.you could take the cables from the adjacent lane in the a & mc box and switch to the problem machine to quickly test the circuit, in other words take the wires from 1 & 2 and switch them over and throw a ball or activate the sensor to see if fault tranfers.
              good luck.
              maister

Comment

Originally posted by ericwun:
                What exactly to you mean By terminated??
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Meaning all female spade conectors are properly seated to the right terminals, and that the connectors themselves are securely crimped to the wire. Those A&amp;MC boxes are a tight squeeze and with all the extra crap we've added in there over the years due to scoring, ball detects, and such wires are prone to getting knocked off terminals, wires pinched in the door, etc. Hope this steers you in the right direction.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Thanks Kat, the A&amp;MC box is quite a mess with a lot of wires hanging there not connected (just like the the whole house). That is what I thought you meant. I will be back there around noon today. Will post what I find tonight.

Eric

Comment

You should be able to put a jumper across 1 &amp; 2 in the A&amp;MC box to get a cycle.

By doing this if you have a cycle:
                    Then it’s the wires coming from the components to A&amp;MC #1 &amp; #2 (i.e….10th frame, electronic triggering or machine interface).

If you do not have a cycle by jumping 1 &amp; 2:
                    You have a break from the A&amp;MC box to the C2A plug. Most likely it is the plug that comes from the A&amp;MC box that plugs in the side of the wire way in-between the ball lift as Tall Paul suggests. The pins responsible for cycle in this plug are #13 &amp; #14.

You might need a cheater wire to test the continuity:
                    A&amp;MC #1 to C2A-32E
                    A&amp;MC #2 to C2A-31A

Triac

Comment

Problem Solved: There was no cycle by jumping terms 1 &amp; 2 in A&amp;MC. Started checking continuity from there to machine. Found that SA was not working properly. There is a scoring cable hanging by the sweep switch that used to be there to take out the SS switch. I believe the switch was called ASP (Automatic Scoring Protection). I think when the bruns tech was here on Friday he may have inadvertantly separated the terminals on those wires which take SA out. That is all it was. Pair of lanes down all weekend.

Thanks for all the advice.

EW

Comment

Glad you got it Eric. I forgot to mention that all cycle inputs go thru the SA NO contacts to get their ground.

I think the part that threw me was, that you cycled it thru the chassis. Apparently, the cycle button on the chassis has its own ground and I was not aware of this.

Thanks for posting the solution as this will help others with a similar problem. I even got a lesson on the cycle input for an MP chassis as further investigation shows it on the schematics bypassing the SA to get its ground.

Triac

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X