Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUR-PIC REMOVAL

Starting tomorrow 1-23-06, we'll be saying goodbye to our good old sur-pics. These are the 12 ball Mod IV version. Most of them will be going into the dumpster, except for the parts that I promised to some. Other than that, if you have need of any parts including hoods and what have you, give me a call at 847-949-5700, 9-5, m-f and ask for Rick. The price is right for the right person.

AMF DOCTOR
    The doctor make house calls.
    AMF DOCTOR
    The doctor makes house calls.
    http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Re: SUR-PIC REMOVAL

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_curse.gif[/img]

LONG LIVE THE SURE PIK

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 king:
      [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_curse.gif[/img]

LONG LIVE THE SURE PIK
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would "fix" this post but ya can't fix what isn't broken :p Right on King! Sure-Piks Forever!
      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Why would you want to remove such good equipment?

I'd love to take them all off your hands, but the shipping would be a killer... and it's a bit far to drive to pick them up.

My friend is a truck driver that occasionally makes runs to Chicago... Sadly, he hasn't had that run in a while... or there would be a 53' lowboy pulling up to your center to load 'em on.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

"Sure-Pics forever?" Didn't somebody on here call them "Sure-Stucks?"

Comment

they sure-pick up nothing

Comment

I dunno what all the b!tch is about... we have 15 of them, and they are one of the least problematic pieces of equipment in the house. They get cleaned, oiled, and PM'ed a couple times per year... takes just a couple minutes per unit. We'll have a motor quit (repair time 5 mins), a belt break (repair time, 2 mins), or a spring snap (repair time, 1-2 mins) every few years... maybe an undergound due to excessive oil or an extremely old ball a couple times per season.

All in all, they're very reliable and fairly simple. If our shur-pik FPS spread to the rest of the house equipment, the maintenance staff would be cleaning tables, serving drinks, or sweeping floors more than they would be in the back on the machines, and we'd have one of the best-running centers in the country.

I will say, though, that our returns were properly installed and adjusted, and kept well adjusted. Shur-piks are a finicky animal... they either run great, or they're a nightmare. There's not much middle ground.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Didn't someone call them Sure Stucks? :p
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Sure stucks and 82-70 distributers,just like women,if they ain't happy-you won't be either.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:
                    I dunno what all the b!tch is about... we have 15 of them, and they are one of the least problematic pieces of equipment in the house. They get cleaned, oiled, and PM'ed a couple times per year... takes just a couple minutes per unit. We'll have a motor quit (repair time 5 mins), a belt break (repair time, 2 mins), or a spring snap (repair time, 1-2 mins) every few years... maybe an undergound due to excessive oil or an extremely old ball a couple times per season.

All in all, they're very reliable and fairly simple. If our shur-pik FPS spread to the rest of the house equipment, the maintenance staff would be cleaning tables, serving drinks, or sweeping floors more than they would be in the back on the machines, and we'd have one of the best-running centers in the country.

I will say, though, that our returns were properly installed and adjusted, and kept well adjusted. Shur-piks are a finicky animal... they either run great, or they're a nightmare. There's not much middle ground.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I ditto that "G" we have 32 of them, and for us they're great. Finicky yes, but if well adjusted they run fantastic. Most people hate Sure-Stucks but we have a small Sure-Pik fan club on here, namely me, "G" and The King [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X