• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table hinge assembley

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm part number anyone?

Re: Table hinge assembley

1/2-004-002

Half way down isle 4 on second shelf at your local Lowes.
    Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Right next to the Kniffling Pins......
      Lane Concepts, Inc
      Maximum Torque Specialties, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by paultrak:
        Right next to the Kniffling Pins......
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ummm...I do believe that there is an AMF part # for the Kniffling Pin kind sir. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotflol.gif[/img]

Comment

What the hell is that???

Comment

Kenny, I do believe you'll have to explain. I'm not as astute on the equipment as you are.

By the way, thanks for the tour, and I have to say again, your machines are in the top 1% for cleanliness. It must be because you keep up the mantainence of those damn Kniffling pins.
            Lane Concepts, Inc
            Maximum Torque Specialties, Inc

Comment

No no, got it all wrong, there is another hinge on the frame, you line the table up with it, install the kniffing pin so they can flip the table down for service.

Gotta keep the Kniffing pins in good shape ya know.
              Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
              804-240-4982

Comment

Ok...Here's the story behind the Kniffling pin.

I had a machine that wouldn't spot pins. I had a female pinchaser on duty that was fairly new at this time and this problem was out of her league. She goes up front to tell them that the machine would be down until I could come in and fix it...Well there were two guys up front that have worked on these before and told her that they would come look at it for her, they show her the problem and said we'll let Kenny fix it...I come in and ran the machine, after one cycle I notice the table latch didn't move...I go straight to the spot soleniod pull the cover off and notice that the link had came apart (lost X washers some how)...Anyhow my female pinchaser comes in and asked me if I got it fixed, I said yes let me show you what it was...She tells me that the other guys were showing her that the problem was in the shuttle (don't remember exactly what it was that they showed her)...The two guys come in and asked me if I got the lane fixed and I said yes...With my pinchaser at my side they asked what it was and I told them that the Kniffling pin had snapped, they both looked at each other and said to me "yeah we thought that might have been the problem" I smiled and walked away with my pinchaser...When we get away from them she says to me "that's not what you told me what it was" I again smiled and told her that I was testing their knowledge and that there was no such thing as a Kniffling pin...These two had her believing that they knew as much if not more about the machines than I did...From that day forward she never listened to them again.

That's how the Kniffling pin was born. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Paul...Looking forward to your next visit.

Comment

Great story Kenny. As for the kniffling pins, they must exist. I found the following passage from another forum while "Googling" for kniffling pins...

"To me it sounds like the kniffling pin is not inserted correctly into the widgit, and its low on turn signal fluid". [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Goes along with the muffler bearings and tire hinges.
                    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X