Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8290xl's

We have as80 scoring mixed with 79 scanners and some camaras, we are running the scorers with Purrfect Desk, we are looking into getting the xl90s. Is the scoring compatible? Is there an interface between the two or would I have to look into new scoring also. Thanks

Re: 8290xl's

90 XLs require a camera and ball trigger. There are no table cell wires and no cushion switch. The machine cycles based on pin count data from the camera. (Sweep reverse and quick strike).
    There is no data out from the Brunswick scoring to control the machine.
    You would have to have the AMF camera as well as the scanners for scoring to work.
    Pinspotter control would have to be with the MCU for the 90's (more serial data). Otherwise, you'd have to run the machines in 'manual' mode and use the LIU or source command box to open/close the masking unit switch. Bad idea - manual mode eliminates the machine on warning, off delay and the ball returns run all the time - have to use breakers to turn them off.
    I've put in XLs with Mendes scoring and used 2 cameras (until AMF got with the Mendes folks and worked out the data link).
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

We have as/80 with model 86 scanners and the 90xl upgrade on our 70's. Amf wanted to use the overlane hoop to mount the cameras over the scanners. Didnt like that setup so we went with raising the scanners and putting the camera in front of the scanner. There is a picture of this setup on bowltech somewhere. I will look for it.
      It works fine for us. Only thing we couldnt use was the 7,10 and gutterball short cycle and auto cycle in tenth frame.

Comment

See, It'll work.
        Make a deal to update the scoring so you'll have the data output to control those 'smart' machines.
        AS+ will interface and need only 1 camera, and give you the pin fall data for the cycles you want.
        Next it's new scoring. I think most offer the data flow for 70s and 90s.

Nice hybrid, Mreessr!
        90's, 86 scanner AS-90s, AMF durabowl bumpers, Bwick Anvilane, Bwick capping.
        By the way, did you save the top of the AMF camera tower you cut off?

Comment

Amf cut all the cameras. When one went down I had to use the new boards in the cut frame.
          Btw those are Bruns. bumpers. We also have 16 lanes of the durabowl on the other end of the house. .Also B power lifts, Amf masks, And Frameworx ball racks.
          Looks like we are getting new scoring this summer,(prob. Qubica) so the camera/scanner setup will be gone.

Comment

I agree, nice mod for the camera scanner problem.
            Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
            804-240-4982

Comment

Nice set up you have there. I like the blue gutters. Ours are grey.
              Save the environment, eat more beef.
              No more Ethanol, save Beer.

Comment

I've never seen Brunswick blue bumpers. But now that you corrected me, I can see under the rail - and it's blue next to the lane!
                Brunswick still market color options?

Comment

Try the same setup with Accucam 3000. That's what will come with the XL's.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X