Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8290 XL balls sticking behind the bounce plate

Hey I got some 8290's where balls are getting stuck behind the bounce plate and in front of the cushion. Any ideas?

I am thinking something with that plate under the carpet right there. What are your ideas?

Re: 8290 XL balls sticking behind the bounce plate

I am trying to picture this....the cushon being mostly behind, and above the bounceplate. are you talking about partaly under the cushon in the corner?? If so, check your shock. If it is weak, it can contribute to this. Next would be the support weldment and the angle. Might be time for a pit overhaul.

Comment

Could be a broken bounce plate, vibration damper, pit support bracket, cushion shock could be bad as Jim suggests, or the spring collar has slipped dowm, the spring lenght should be 6-1/2"
      Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
      804-240-4982

Comment

I guess from what I was told is that it is every odd lane. So I am thinking that is something common. I do not think this is a huge problem I am just attempting to shorten my learning curve here at Bowltech. I will start at the shock length.

The ball stays right in front of the cushion. This house uses more oil that is drilled in middle east in a month every time they run their machine. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] But once balls make to the exit they come back. They just rest right behind the exit.

Thanks for the input. Thanks for posting John. It was nice talking to you the other day, very helpful. Sorry I had to go all the sudden. Those darn other jobs! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img]

Comment

Could it be that the cushion plank is driven back and hanging up on the shaft of the paddle drive assembly. This would be on all odd machines. Just a thought. Paul

Comment

Check the condition of your facing... dirty and sticky facings will casue this. If you have rubber rivets, and they are exposed on the bottom row, the oil and cleaner cause them to become tacky. A smear of lane oil will relieve this for a short time, but is in no means a perminant solution. Let us know what you find.

Comment

If these are older machines check the rear bounce plate for a round indentation.this holds the ball and the quick fix is a rubber pad approx. 1/2 to 3/4" behind the cushion facia at the end two rivets,above each other , not across, at the ball door side helps to push the ball towards the ball door.
              maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X