Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70xli upgrade PROBLEM

Im posting this on behalf of a friend; he may post shortly after this, I dont know.

Problem is a '70 that has had the Xli upgrade done on it. I am not familiar with the electrical side of the upgrade so I thought I'd ask some of you.

The pinsetter in question is apparently powering completely down after the table is run for awhile. He says it will run for about twenty minutes (the table) and then the pinsetter blacks out. AMF I guess has told him to change some sort of relay/trigger that counts table drive revolutions(?) in the hopes that clears it up.

Those of you with Xli experience (Mr. Isbell) or that have them currently please throw some suggestions our way.

Thanks in advance.
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Re: 70xli upgrade PROBLEM

Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
    Im posting this on behalf of a friend;
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I call shenanigans.

The Monkey has no friends.

Sorry, you left yourself wide open my buddy!

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotflol.gif[/img]

Comment

It sounds like AMF is refering to the pass through sensor. Same one as on the sanction oil machines for tach and LDS. It is how the chassis knows the position of the sweep/table, and completly replaces the 3 cams and cam switches for both.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 king:
        [b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
        Im posting this on behalf of a friend;
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I call shenanigans.

The Monkey has no friends.

Sorry, you left yourself wide open my buddy!

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_nworthy.gif[/img]
        The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
          It sounds like AMF is refering to the pass through sensor. Same one as on the sanction oil machines for tach and LDS. It is how the chassis knows the position of the sweep/table, and completly replaces the 3 cams and cam switches for both.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">.... and if it fails, does it kill the whole pinsetter? Blackout?

Comment

sorry....there is no XLI pins'etter'. Mashers latest is the GS series... If you are refering to the pin'SPOTTER', then yes.... any error and the chassis shuts down. If AMF suggested replacing that pass through sensor, I would definantly start there. (swap one from another lane.... maybe clean the one off the trouble lane, may nust be gunk)

Good luck

(Brunx just 'sets' pins down anywhere.... AMF 'spots' a nice rack)

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nice touch [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] ... but you're opening yourself up to a ****storm... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JimDorsin:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nice touch [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] ... but you're opening yourself up to a ****storm... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Pin monkey we had a simalar thing happen when I was at Drills place it came to be a bad spotting cylinoid. Replaced it and problem went away. It would show up after about thirty minutes of running.
                  They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

A little off topic but....

Does the 70 XL upgrade work with double solenoid machines?

Comment

Will eliminate the second. The salesman can be pushed to include the links.
                      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by TABLEJAM:
                        A little off topic but....

Does the 70 XL upgrade work with double solenoid machines?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">abloslutly!!!! more $262 for the kit....lol (its worth it)

Comment

70 PM,

Trying to understand what's going on.

Are you running the table continuous?

If so, why?
                          Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                          804-240-4982

Comment

I would suggest there is two things here.I have installed over 100 xli and conversions.if the sensor fails the chassis will say table error.if there is another problem, it will say something else.When it blacks out ,please advise what the chassis says.If the brake is hot, then the area to look is here.if things start to run slow first then check the led is not failing thro black friction dust occluding the lamp.
                            any more info would help.
                            Maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...
                            Working...
                            X