Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep motor

I had a friend call me at another house, here is his problem. he has 8270s with what he calls stepper chassis.he has a sweep motor that will run untill the reset blows. he has changed chassis,motor,gear box,reverse sweep switch,
    and motor plug,. and still has the same problem.does any one have any ideas. i am heading
    there in the morning thanks
    dave

Re: sweep motor

sorry it will have power to the reset blows ,sweep will not run.

Comment

1st thing to check would be the caps. if the problem stays in the machine after changing the motor, and the chassis. next, follow the wiring, make sure there is no shorts.

Comment

Comment

I agree with jim. Make sure the caps are wired correctly and BOTH working.
          Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

thanks all, bad sweep reverse switch, replaced bad with bad.

Comment

hey guys ive got the 82-70s and am having the same problem with my sweep as dday296666 ill turn the machine on it wont go but it will make a humming noise and then just blow the overload switch ive changed the chassis over and it will work on another machine, ive swaped the sweep motor over with the table motor and it runs fine but if i unplug the sweep plug the contactor will still stay in have you guys got any ideas cause its starting to get to me

Comment

Check your cent mech switch on your gearbox. It may be sticking or broken. To verify this, unplug the table motor plug and put it in the sweep motor, try to run the sweep with ta1. If it doesnt start, you know its the gearbox because you've verified the stator from the sweep is good on the table.

Wang

Comment

I am with Wang.

Comment

Batman, like Wang and Paul said, it's almost certain to be the cent. mech in the top of the motor stator.It's probably out of adjustemnt and/or sticking. While swapping the table and sweep motors, you may have inadvertantly given it some "percussive maintenance" and it might run ok for a while.

The sweep contactor will stay in (engaged) if the sweep is supposed to be running, whether or not the motor is plugged in.

Ray
                    Ray Jordan
                    Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
                    Australia

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X