Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Carpet to Choose now

I KNOW THIS THREAD HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE BUT - IM NOT SO SURE ANY MORE ABOUT THE AMF ORANGE BELTS. HAD ONE CURL AT THE EXIT JUST LIKE I SAW THE TUFFY DO YEARS AGO. IM TOLD THE VANTAGE PREMIUM IS THE WAY TO GO.

JUST WONDERING WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO SAY.

THANKS

Re: Which Carpet to Choose now

vantage premium is a good choice and if AMF got rid of there stretching problem that is a good choice also

Comment

AMF Platinum seems to be the best carpet on the market today.

Wang

Comment

Agree with Wang..

Comment

AMF Platinum

Got them on about 1/2 the house. If there is a better carpet. I've never heard about it or seen it
          Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Stahls ugly White hands down. Cost $180 (I believe) and they boast over 15 years in service.

Been using them for 3 with no signs of wear so far.

Comment

New Vantage Supreme, updated version of the Vantage Premium. Has a 3 year warranty and is a great belt.
              Technical Manager
              Bowltech UK Ltd

www.facebook.com/ross.gibson

Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm,

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                Stahls ugly White hands down.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll second that.

Comment

What is the AMF Platinum?? Havnt seen that one anywhere, what is part #. Do the Ugly Whites start any better than they used to. I stopped getting them because they seemed to take a long time to break in.

Comment

The AMF Streching problem is why I started this topic. The orange belts seemed to be the way to go until Ive had to replace one only three years old because it wore out by the ball exit and curled up so lighter balls wont get to the door.

Comment

Eric:

You're referring to the pumpkin junk that many of us have dealt with. After pulling at least a dozen because of this problem, I've been using the Vantage Premiums with great success. I'm trying some of the Vantage Supremes, they seem to be pretty good. The Stahls Ugly White is good as well. The AMF Platinums I dunno much about 'cause after my last experience with the pumpkins, over time (when warranty expires) they might develop an issue similar to the pumpkins. I don't want to take that chance or expense. I'm sticking with what I know is good and reliable.
                      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Platinums rock so far. Time will tell, but they are my carpet of choice. Haven't tried the new supreme from vantage yet. The vantage supreme makes me think of a huge burrito from taco bell for some reason, but i bet its good. I got one Stahl's Ugly Grey carpet thats doing well. Seriously, what a stupid color to make a carpet (white!?), but great carpet.
                        The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

I was using the White carpets when they first came out. But turned to the AMF pumpkin because they broke in 20 times faster than the white. Are the white ones quicker to break in now?? I remember hanging them up with a front roller inside to get rid of the folds from being in the box because they took forever to break in. This was probably back in 1998 or so. Are they any better now? I know they seem to last a long time.

I think i will try an AMF Platinum and Vantage Supreme.

Thanks for the input

Comment

Originally posted by WangJ:
                            AMF Platinum seems to be the best carpet to hold up to 230 units of oil in the middle.

Wang
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fixed.

Comment

I am running all the flavors listed below and here is my opinion:

1.) Stahl’s Ugly Whites – Best carpet, hands down

2.) Vantage Supremes – Very Good, no problems yet after a couple of years

3.) AMF Platinum’s – About ½ of them are slipping within 6-8 months and one that won’t quit singing even after 2 months.

4.) AMF Pumpkin/Tans – The worst. They don’t show curl but light balls will start idling about 12” in front of ball door after about 8 months. However, I still have about 4 of the first ones made, still in service for many years…go figure.

Triac

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X