Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpet stretching and stalling

Could this be caused by years of residual lane cleaner applied too the carpet from the squeegee of a lane machine?

Re: carpet stretching and stalling

If they are old they are probably just worn out. As with any belt over time they will strech and eventually break or tear. If the carpets are still in good shape you can put some friction tape on the rear roller. That will help with the stalls and make sure that the front roller tensioners are greased and are not binding. If all that fails it is time to replace it. Have fun and good luck.
    SGT
    U.S. Army/AVN
    Retired

Comment

I have done many pits througout the years and yes I also use the traction tape trick but,I have never had the carpet stalling problem until I have worked in a center with lane cleaner on the carpet after cleaning the lanes.I might be wrong but I think lane cleaner on the carpet can be a factor in a carpet streching.

Comment

We mop the carpets each week at our center using lane cleaner and water. As of this point, this has never been an issue.

Tim
        HBOwner

Comment

We also use lane cleaner to clean the carpets with and it seems to works well.

Have several carpets stalling at the moment, but they are all Vantage Premium carpets. I have put this down to the cold weather. Time will tell though.
          Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

mefix, are they several year old Vantage Premiums? if so this is normal as the carpet gets heavy from oil and whatnot. the Vantage Supreme's have eliminated this issue

Comment

Amf pumkins and Vantage Premiums,just started using Supreme's Thanks Homer.

Comment

Try changing odd lane with even lane, they tend to stretch ball door side and also stop light balls rolling in the door.there are some that are sluggish and i have had to lie on a pindeck with a blowtorch to warm them up before they will keep running.there is also a gripfix spray that can be used on the rear roller to help give it a little extra grip.
                good luck.
                maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X