Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bin bumpers

Anyone ordered these from AMF lately? They are urethane now and are almost impossible to install- especially in the lower bin cradles. Even using soap they won't go in easy unless you trim the 'nub' a little.

Pete

Re: Bin bumpers

Some great "Quality Control"they have over there at AMF. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotflol.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotflol.gif[/img]

Comment

My dist Mech. in vermont used to lick them.....

Comment

I used to smear a drop of 3 & 1 oil on them... if I couldn't get em in after lickin em. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Moisten them a little and wrap a short wire 5" or so around the base. Fold the wire in 1/2 so that you have a loop around the bumper. Thread the wire through the hole in the bin take a pair of pliars and pull on the wire ends until the nipple on the bumper goes through the hole in the bin.

Take the wire off and have a beer when finished.

This is easier to do that tell someone how to do let me know if I wasn't clear enough.

Comment

Why is it too much to ask for a part to work out of the box?? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_curse.gif[/img]

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Don49er:
              [b] Why is it too much to ask for a part to work out of the box?? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The ones that I recieved from Stahl's go in about the easiest.

Comment

I'd call AMF, they will pull the part off the shelf and check them. Had a problem with a respot cell yoke and they did correct the problem.

Mike
                  Mike

Comment

Good point Mike,

If more folks would get back with the manufacturer about problems perhaps more things would get corrected.

I send in reports to all manufacturers, with good results.

Often times it is not the manufacturer, but the supplier that has made a change.

PAT's trick with the wire is a good one.
                    Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                    804-240-4982

Comment

Originally posted by John Isbell:
                      If more folks would get back with the manufacturer about problems perhaps more things would get corrected.

I send in reports to all manufacturers, with good results.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree John,

But how are we to know when the problem has been addressed?

For example…The light ball problems with pumpkin/ tan carpets. I’ve complained numerous times to my service reps (of course they sound like this is the first they’ve heard about it) and the problematic issues have been documented here many times for quite sometime.

When I don’t here or see any improvements (or even a confirmation the problem is being looked into) on a defective product, I just find an alternative that usually ends up being a better product. If I had any wind the product defects are being dealt with, I would not need to seek out such an alternative in the first place.

Back to the topic at hand…The new style bin shock has always been about an 1/8” longer than the old style….not good for the stringers….I hope they are not growing with this latest batch…. I’ve never had any problems getting them in with a little persuasion by way of force.

Triac

Comment

My bad….I thought the topic was on bin shocks.

Regarding bin bumpers…Pat has the right idea about the beer. They have always been a PITA. I normally just use a small screwdriver after trying to twist them in as far as they will go.

Haven’t tried the new urethane AMF ones yet. I hope the urethane ones don’t melt like those old green ones (manufacture unknown)…what a goooey mess.

Maybe, they need a vacuum tool to pull them thru….that would be cool.

Triac

Comment

Triac,

Humm, I wish there was a simple answer for that.

I agree, there should be some communication pipeline for problems / fixes and such.

I will send a note in, perhaps they can address such issues in thier maintenace matters newsletter.

John
                          Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                          804-240-4982

Comment

I got a call from Chad at AMF today. It's possible I may have gotten a bad batch. He pulled some off the shelf and said they didn't seem any harder than normal to put in. He is going to send me some new ones so I can see if there is a difference. Thanks Chad!

Pete

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X