Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AARRGGGG!

I was at the bowl for 5, hours 10 lanes of Jr's and some PM time. One count um 1 dist call. I leave and a Mini PBL shock falls off of a lane I have never had any trouble with since the conversion, A chassis goes out have not had a chassis problem for months. Four lanes with adults have sever ball calls!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img] What the heck! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img] I wish this would happen when I am there at least. Why do they work as long as I am there, unless I am eating or having a cup of coffee of course. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] I just had to bet this off of my chest!

Pat

Re: AARRGGGG!

Pinspotters are people too they know when you leave.

Comment

I think it happens to all of us...I have very few calls when I'm here, but if my pinchasers are here they say they had all kinds of problems (anything more than a dist. jam or two is all kinds of problems to them )...I'm on my second full house squad of a tourney today and all I've had is one dist. jam and two respots,go figure.
      Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Had that with the womans city tourn. Had 6 or so reset pins because she just knows she didnt foul. About the same calls because they throw in gutter in 10th. Next bowler just go's up & throws with machine in 2nd ball. 3 or 4 off spot & want the pin put back where it started. Then you have at least 2 vanising ball tricks. 4 calls for a ball & it's not there. Finally go up front and they all point down the lane saying it's spinning in the corner.
        They see the pin wheel moving. I then show her it's on the rack and has been all along. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_curse.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_curse.gif[/img]
        3 pile up's and a ball caught in the corner. All over 2 weekends.

First weekend of mens city tourn. 1 pile up and 2 off spot's that needed to be reset. So far today NO calls. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

I love the vanishing ball tricks too Old school. Bowler 1 throws then bowler two rolls their ball. Bowler two's ball comes back but bowler #1's ball is not on the rack.

Oh it rolled to the other lane. They never do that.

Thanks for letting me vent guys!

Comment

i'm glad to hear i'm not crazy [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            Russ

Comment

Typical behavior out of a 70.

Comment

Very typical of a 70 to say the least. They know when "Daddy" is watching and they know when the babysitter is there [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] Like they say, when the cats away all the mice come out to play :p
                All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

That's how distributors are. You have one that is acting up a little, you sit there and watch it for what seems like days, nuthin'. You turn your back to get an out of range only two lanes away, and BOOM! All the pins are suddenly piled up. I'm telling you, THEY KNOW! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Totally agree to all of the above. It's all about how you approach the job. If you have a positive mental attitude, the machines work well.

What annoys me is when the pinny's use the "don't know excuse" I had one leave a lane out due to a damaged pit drive belt. He claimed he didn't know how to change one. But had changed a PBL the week earlier ????

Comment

i set a camera when i have prolems that does not happen when i sit on it. when i put a camera on it i walk away. the machin havent figure that one out yet, so i could catch what happens.

Comment

Yes. Yes. Yes. I agree completly with all the above. It's always when I'm not there the faults occur. I'm thinking of putting a picture up of an A-2 above my machines when I', not there to worn them this is what may happen to them if they don't behave!!
                        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

I used to have a six foot cardboard cut-out of Goldberg the wrestler that I would leave to babysit the problem child lane.

Comment

the machines are like a loving lady, they miss their TLC and they know who is on duty.Just like all ladies they know who cares.
                            maister

Comment

Originally posted by mefixalane:
                              Pinspotters are people too they know when you leave.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YES THEY DO!!!

They also know when you are at the other end of the building or on the roof or something. Our chassis are kinda like that. I rarely have problems with them but when I come in there will sometimes be 1 or 2 from the previous shift that worked fine for the longest time and all of a sudden went bad.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X