Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Purpose parts

One of the things I've been doing in my 'edumacation' of 82-70's is grabbing parts I find on the bench, in an un-labeled bin or just laying around somewhere and attempting to identify them. If I can't figure it out, I go thru the parts manual. I started wondering parts of the machine that can go in different spots. The special nut that goes on the kickers or the distributor. The different bumpers....I think the trip lever bumper goes in about 5 other places as well. What is the most versitile part? Not counting regular (wait a sec, reminded of a joke...

Escaped lunatic runs into a supermarket and rapes a lady in the aisle then runs out. The headlines that day read "Nut screws, and bolts"

Not counting the regular nuts, screws, bolts and washers.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Re: Multi-Purpose parts

Duct tape and tie-raps.
    So it goes.

Comment

Don't forger the bailin' wire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Tony & Mickie Haney
      Tiger Bowl
      Tekamah NE
      (402) 374-2383

Comment

"C" Clamps are pretty universal, too.
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Back rollers are multi-purpose, too... We used several to roll new lane sections into the building some years back. They work well for beating on unruly pinchasers, too. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Cup liners, pbl lift arm liners. R14 bearings for clevis and yolk assembly. Shock mount for mounting kidney and pin seating rod. I'm sure there are others just can't think of them right now.

Comment

cup liner are gray, pbl lift am liner are black. two different #'s the gray keeps the pin cleaner and easier to slide through

Comment

How about the roller bearings on the distributor trip arms and the #1 guide tracks? The parts book calls them respot cell bearings (from the 82/30 respot cells).

Comment

You know, this could morph into another topic: "What parts on a '70 are also from a '30?"

Comment

No matter what the use the binstrap is the most widely used part on this planet. I can be used for anything from shuttles to somthing going on a car. They just seem more useful than any other thing at least for me.
                    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

You can use a bin-strap on the shuttle [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
                      So it goes.

Comment

Bin straps ARE THE multi use part! Used them on all kinds of stuff including bracket for the handle on one of the entrance doors.

Comment

We have used bin straps to aid in welding other parts such as the Be gearbox mount and small plows.

Wang

Comment

Works well on "B","A", candlepin and duckpin machines...pretty universal if you ask me:

-Kris W

Comment

Except for the weldment, all cushion parts are the same, 30's on up.
                              &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
                              Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X