Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete yolk assy

I was just wondering how many of you guys had a complete yolk assy on hand and ready in case one breaks. We have a yolk but if one breaks I have to transfer parts.

I was just thinking how much easier it would be to have one set up and ready to change as a whole assembly.

Thanks

Re: Complete yolk assy

Yes we do, and yes it is. With a little practice (didnt ask for it, but got it none the less) you can get the spotter up and running in about half an hour. (or less is things go perfectly)

Comment

We have one. I feel it is very important to have as many complete assemblies as possible no mater how large the center is. The quicker you can get the machine operable the quicker it can make money and keep the boss man happy.

Comment

We have them assembled in several stages.

-Complete with cups
        -Everything except cups (Cups to be added when above complete unit is installed)

The complete one saves on machines down time. Then the near-complete one can be completed when I have time on my hands (when the hell is that??)LOL.

Some guys I've known build it up complete, but with only the 1-5-8-9 cups installed. It makes it lighter and easier to handle in the machine. The remaining cups are on hand with the caps on loose, and can be quickly slid on over the ends of their shafts.

I prefer to pull the table out onto the lane, if I have time on that machine. Gives me a chance to check out the rest of the table thoroughly. I just hate putting a brand new yoke on an old worn out crappy table!

Comment

We also have a complete assembly ready. Good thing we did because recently had one break right by one of the bearings. Put, the spare in in no time and had the machines up and running.
          David Cliffe
          Asst. Mgr.
          Mechanic
          Youth Advisor
          Pro Shop Mgr.

Comment

I have a complete yoke assembly ready, as well as a complete table assembly.

Depends on the situation on which one I use.

Mike
            Mike

Comment

We are working on it as we speak! Thanks for the input guys!

Comment

I have a complete yoke assy. bolted to the spare table assy.Just unbolt the yoke and go.Much easier than transferring parts over.

Comment

I understand the complete yolk assy. What benifit is there to having a complete table assy? It seems more work to change the whole table rather thans to just change the yolk? I am sure there is a reason, please enlighten me.

Comment

I think it's easier to change the table then the yoke. Only reason I have a spare table is because I'm rebuilding all of them. Converting to 82/90 fingers, and replacing all bushings. They look great clean, and run super after I rebuild them. Everything operates smooth.

I have a 4 wheel cart to roll the tables around on, so if you don't have one of those I guess it could be a pain.

Mike
                    Mike

Comment

The tables at my place were in such bad shape that they had to be rebuilt.I would put the spare in then take the table outside and hose it down then bring it to the shop take it apart then put it back together

Comment

JMHO; I would Never hose it down and be acceptibale(sp) to Rust.
                        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Time, how much? would always change the yoke assy. first. I have a complete table assy. and its my last resort.
                          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

It takes me an hour to change, and do all adjustments to the table when I change it. I have help though. That way I don't have to remove the counter balance springs.

Mike
                            Mike

Comment

Wise move to have one . if the centre wont let you buy complete, just keep purchasing parts until you have it finished.You only have to reset the yoke and not necessarily the table.a lot of times even that is not necessary, run it see how it works and wait till you have the time. To set a yoke is only as long as it takes to do the two adjustments and spotting of the pins.
                              maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X