Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Test Plug Question

I need to make a motor test plug for a 8270 combination motor. I have the plug. What color wires from the plug do I hook up to the black white and green on the power cord I have?

Thanks.

Re: Motor Test Plug Question

Unless you are just making a jumper to extend your table or sweep to bench motors, you will need more than wires. I made a box with the caps and contactors in it. This way you can test both directions as well as breaking. Just energising the motor wont really tell you much.

Comment

Power cord? You will need a male receptacle #000-027-655(approx.$68.61) and a female plug #000-027-66(approx.$66.49)& (5 wires) just to jump off of one your current machines. I haven't seen Stahl's Tuffy Motor Tester #785-000-070-TMT (70's) (approx.$129.95)
      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

To add to Jim's comment about the test box, there is a schematic in the 82-70 electrical manual for making a combination motor test box.

Comment

Originally posted by AMF Brian:
          To add to Jim's comment about the test box, there is a schematic in the 82-70 electrical manual for making a combination motor test box.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To add to Paul's comment, you can buy one already made up for less [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Didnt pay a penny for mine. Had it for 17 years now.

Comment

I have a test box with a potential relay and a toggle for a mechanical switch use.

I will sell it for $100.

Comment

I have wired a motor plug to an extension cord before. It works fine on a motor with the standard mechanical switches inside the motor. I just can not remember how I wired it up before.

Comment

Originally posted by xecutiverwr:
                  I have wired a motor plug to an extension cord before. It works fine on a motor with the standard mechanical switches inside the motor. I just can not remember how I wired it up before.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Impossible to do for a combo motor without adding capacitors/resistors to mimic the circuit. Also, If you have potential relays installed (in the wireways) this too would need to be put in circuit. Therefore, you would need a box to house these components, unless you are on a suicide mission.

You can however make a BE plug that just plugs into the wall because all the components are installed on the motor. I have one made up as an emergency assy that comes in handy incase of bad wiring, burnt contacts, bad relay or switch.

I have a simple diagram for a combo tester, if anybody wants to PM me with their email address or wants to host it for posting.

Triac

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X