Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XL 90 Ball Detect

Any of you fine folks out there that have AMF XL 90 Upgrades having problems with the ball detects losing power whereas the solution is as simple as unpluging the detect and pluging it back in and power is restored? When it goes down the machine won't cycle when a ball is thrown so the bowlers push the reset button.
    Anybody else having this problem or does anyone have a solution? Much obliged! Bill
    There! Try to NOT work now!

Re: XL 90 Ball Detect

We have had problems with our XLI ball detect. One of the wires in the plug cale loose from the pin. Smokey ended up having to superglue it into place (too small to solder, had nothing small enough to push the pin out of the plastic plug) until we could get a new one in. I have heard that Satinic in Vermont was having ball detect problems as well (keep in regular touch with the manager out there) but I am not sure what, exactly, they were experiencing.

Comment

Bill,

Is this happening on more than one machine? Does the problem follow this particular ball detector or chassis? Might be a pinched wire in the front to back wireway or it is being hit where it rises by the down-sweep rails. It shorts out, which kills the port on the chassis, requiring a reset of the chassis or disconnection of the circuit to restore function.

Al : { )

Comment

Yes it does happen on more than one machine. I swapped detectors with another pair, no help. I also swapped front end boxes with another pair and the problem followed the F.E.B but happened only once there and never again. The problem also stayed on the original pair. It's a real intermediate problem. Sometimes a pair will work fine for a few weeks and will happenen twice in one day and then go weeks again without a problem. I haven't tried swapping chassis yet but I guess I'm to that point. Anyone else got an opinion? Thanks all, Bill
        There! Try to NOT work now!

Comment

yes you are correct Bill. they lock up and don't reset, by unplugging and plugging back in they reset. sadly noone can give me a reason, but it does happen.
          maister

Comment

If any device like this will restart by dropping and restoring power, it's very often a static problem. Check grounding. Perhaps you will need better grounding of the FEB.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X